Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2001 QCSB - Good Price?

813 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rob07osz 
#1 ·
Also posted in the 98.5-02 non powertrain forum.

I am new to the forums. I have been wanting to purchase a diesel truck. I have settled on either a 2000-2002 Dodge 2500 CTD or a 2000-2003 7.3 Ford PSD depending on which one I find first for the right price and condition. I am leaning towards the CTD.

I have located a good condition 2001 QCSB, SLT 2500 4X4, auto, 90K miles for $14000. Truck is stock except for 4" exhaust. Runs good and looks good. Minor hail on cab roof. Tires will need to be replaced by next winter. Is $14000 a good price? They are firm on the price and don't want to budge.

Looking to use it as a daily driver most of the time. Have the occasional trailer I will need to pull. Just don't know whether or not to pull the trigger on this one or keep looking.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
good deal

ya sounds like a good deal but u should check to see if it has the 53 block that block tends to crack and leek coolant bad i would check on that:confused013:

#6 ·
Well, a factor is where your located. Around here, thats not a bad price, although they can be had for less. Thats fairly typical for the year though. If you like it, pull the trigger.

If I were you, Id lean very VERY heavily towards the Cummins...its five times the engine the 7.3 is.

#7 ·
Just because it has a 53 block (if it does) doesnt mean "stay away" from that truck. If it does have a 53 block there is a better chance of it cracking over the other ones that arent "53". Then again it might never crack on you too. Some of them crack some of them do not. That is a good price, right now I think that might be a little high of a price because no one is buying trucks at the moment. Try to talk them down, if they want to sell it bad enough they will probably go down if you say you will give them $12,500 or 13,500.. Maybeeee....

Reason I say that is because I was going to buy the truck that was built by and used to be the owner of WIDICK Diesel, His old personal twin turbo truck that was for sale at $24,000.. It was loaded, QCSB SLT 6 speed, twin turbo, gauges, ladder bars, front locker, stacks, dual disc clutch, water meth, leveling kit, mud tires, 110k miles, ect.. It is a hard time to get a loan and he needed money so the guy ended up selling it for $15,000...

#9 ·
Hail damage is minor. Clean Carfax. Tried offering 12,500 and they wouldn't budge yet. Looks like I will let them sit on it for now.

#10 ·
Keep in mind you can pick up a brand new big horn dodge with a 6.7L for $28k or so. And thats talking brand new. They have to come down.

#11 ·
That's what I thought, but despite the slowdown in the economy, I haven't seen used truck prices fall too much. Most people are expecting KBB price or better. Guess times are not as tight as everyone says.

I just checked out another out here in OH where I am working this week, clean truck, but the guy wants 14,800 firm. Told him to give me a call if he wanted to deal later on. ...

#12 ·
geez i bought my truck about 4 weeks ago guy was asking 8000 had chip intake and exhaust. he told me he bought a new truck a year ago and needed money so i ended up buying it for 7000 cash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.