Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Got a good one for you.

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  PlatinumFlamePyro 
#1 ·
I took my truck in today to get high idle added and when I went to pay the mechanic came out and said they were voiding my warranty because I had a "hot box" installed. I asked him what that was and he said "you know...a go fast box." I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and asked him to show it to me. He marches out and points to the ballast for my hid headlight. Needless to say he felt crunchy when I told him what it was. So much for the professional mechanics at Dodge

#2 ·
Sounds like the type of dealer that would still try to void your warranty because of the aftermarket lights!:banghead:

I'll bet he felt real smart......:lol4:

Did he apologize?:hehe:

#4 ·
Yeah he was really apologetic as well as the manager. I made sure they took it off the invoice and made them sign my work order saying no "hot box" installed, just in case. The manager and I actually got a good laugh out of it.

#6 ·
That doesnt sound any different than any other dealer does it.

#10 ·
My truck is in the shop today, too. The steering box is leaking a bit, and the driver's front speaker is crackling.

I'm curious to hear if/what they come back with when I pick her up tonight.

No worries, it's not emissions related, AND I get to drive a POS, I mean PT Cruiser for the day, woohoo!

#13 ·
I told him I've heard of a hot box before but it had nothing to do with trucks. In reality I had a ballast on both sides of my engine compartment so he must have thought I was stacking my hot boxes. LOL

#14 ·
They was going to void my friends 99 dodge for putting aftermarket wheels on it

#17 ·
we had a dealer tell us our tires were making out 07 tacoma pull to the center hard enough to hurt your arm. So we bought a set of mickey thompson baja atz's and drove it to the dealer. A grand total of 50 miles. We got there and they told us it was because of our worn tires again....

Weve had it aligned 8 times and it still pulls to the center... even a toyota rep has looked at it were still waiting on them to call back but i don't think its going to happen.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.