Cummins Diesel Forum banner

TURN ur STACK BLACK !!!!!!!! HERE YA GO !

7K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  BeefyDees 
#1 ·
Here we go:party018:

i got my stack all ready for sanding and pretty much grinding off the chrome and scratching it up as much as possible to get paint to stick

about half way done this is what it was looking like

i used a belt sander and a hand sander and also a lil bit of elbow grease :thumbsup:

and all finished with the sanding here is what we have

making a fast trip to ace i got sorta distracted

but i found what i need, the rust stop, 1000* F BBQ paint

got it all set up and grabbed some stack cleaner i had laying around the house for cleaning the stack/ getting off all the metal and chrome and what ever shavings..

started doing work... after about 1 coat he is what we had..

i gave it about 5 coats just to make er a lil extra thick

everything all said and done here is what we ended up with

:headbang:

See less See more
#4 ·
sweet, how much does that run? and when u get it back post some pics id like to see how it turns out, compared to my 2hr $8.73 BLACK STACK JOB .... lemme no im intrested

#5 ·
hah yeah i hear ya, i paid 350 for this thing a year ago, and didn't want to put more money in to it soooo ha that's what happened... im going to pick my new truck up fri, and i just figured id get her ready....

#6 ·
Looks good. Thats what i did to mine and they come out lookin real nice. I think black looks great on stacks, especially if the truck is silver, black, or some of them other colors.

#13 ·
no way man !!!!! UR TRUCK WITH THE BLACK !!! DO IT !!! it would look SICK !!!!! ESP. is u BLACKED OUT ur wheels, smoked ur tail lights, and got smoked cab lights !! FO SHOOOO !!

and thanks guys for the complements, and yeah my trucks silver

#15 ·
sweet make sure u show em off id love to see !!!

and cumminsturbo22 make sure u show em off if u mod ur stacks i wanna see ur truck with black smokers !!

#19 ·
Yeah I have some 6in miters that are being installed along with my turbo next week and Im thinking this is what Im going to be doing to mine. Easy and cheap just takes a little bit of time:headbang:

#24 ·
Oh ya it went on good, just need to change the band clamps that were on there but all went good as far as install... 12pk, bbq, and some friends.. did't take no time lol

NMMEGA.... :thumbsup:, Looks Good

#27 ·
stacks lookin great guys !!

#29 ·
well i was about to put it on.... but a car ran a red 2 nights ago and plowed me... and i dont know yet if its totaled or fixable.... so yeah.. just waiting and seeing... i have only had the truck for a week now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.