Cummins Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge Smoke Video!!!

6K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  kaw19razor 
#1 ·
#5 ·
:doh: Dude, really? This is why the EPA is jumping down the throat of the diesel world. Great your truck smokes, is there a need to make a video of it and throw it up on youtube along with a 1000 other videos of people thinking theyre are cool, b/c their truck smokes.

#13 ·
im sure the EPA is much more concerned about a couple trucks that are up on you tube over all the semi trucks, tractor pulling, truck pulling, mud bogging, drag racing, and dyno competing diesel trucks and tractors. Good call on that one, what ever was i thinking, im not cool at all...

#18 ·
Nice smoke job.

#23 ·
why do so many of you big diesel guys cry about people thinking smoke shows are cool.
go buy a Prius or a hybrid and quit preaching.

LET THE COAL ROLL!!!!!!

#53 ·
couldn't have said it better :yourock:

#25 ·
We saw 3 priuses today at lunch and my buddy and i both said thank got we make up for the smoke and noise for those P.O.S. I like fuel mileage and all but i gont wanna be a F*g driving a prius!!! I smoke alot....true. but i also get 24mpg in a 7-10,000 pound TRUCK that will blow most little ricers away!!!

#29 · (Edited)

So you mean to tell me that all the sled pullers and all the highest horse powered tractor pullers dont pour smoke????? I think you need to get your facts straight. Id like to see a tractor puller that doesnt blow smoke and outpull the truck that pours smoke. Prove that???? give me the money and ill upgrade my turbo to match the injectors and all my head studs and my head gasket. Some of us love smoke and tell that to all the semis out there. Ive seen semis pulling regular trailors pouring smoke like i do. There is a time and place and i happen to live in a non emissions county. NO EMISSION TESTING. And we dont know how to tune our trucks? Give me money to reprogram my computer to burn the fuel correctly. I cant control what my computer does and say hey man i added injectors and a turbo you need to do this for me...Doesnt work that way. And we love smoke. You only live life once. Id rather enjoy it then go through life like a prius owner or a tree hugger

#32 ·
yea it was me doin the same dam thing as him. just quit bein little girls about it. if they take us to emissions so be it. till then imma blow as much smoke as cumminsly possible. its just as much my ozone as yours and your wifes pal. u dont like it, dont drive behind me. or be fast enough to pass me.

#31 ·
Smoke, its not wasted horsepower......... its just potential of more horse power! so let the coal roal, the cummins rattle, the tires smoke, and the prius fart........

there was a article i read and it talked about the extra expense of a hybrid prius.....and the outcome was that paying the extra ton of money on buying it rather than a normal car will not even be paid off in the fuel milage gain in the lifetime you own the car.

#33 ·
i see both sides.....sure smoke is cool......i love a good smoke show as much as the next guy but......why throw it in 4th gear and lug the piss out of it doin 15 to make it smoke? shoot for the power and the smoke will come along with it.

i would conciter geting a exhaust.......stock straight pipe runs hot even with just a fuel plate.

#36 ·
Man look at your avatar. You are doing the same thing right there. See you like it too. And im sure you dont drive a prius.

#38 ·
Ok exactly my point. Give me the money to be able to boost that amount of pressure and i guarantee that my smoke will clear up just like that. It almost clears up now. But for those of us that dont have the money just lying around its kinda hard to get it to burn clean like that. It also poured smoke on takeoff. According to Mr. EPA up top here thats wasted horspower and your not making any power since you smoked. Show me a diesel that doesnt smoke that has high hp numbers. Ever been to a tractor pull????? How much hp?????????? Tons of smoke!!!! Thats where nitrous comes in. Oh and nitrous will clear my smoke right up but i choose to pour smoke all day long.

#40 ·
i will say its just plain dumb to skip a gear, lock up the tc just to blow smoke....what does it prove?

if you bild it right a 800hp truck will smoke less than a 300hp truckt that is just threw together.

#41 ·
well i dont have the money for an 800hp truck so im gonna stick with my setup that takes a little longer to spool and dumps alot of smoke. Oh and by the way....its soot right???? What does soot do after it comes out of a chimney???? It falls to the ground. What about trains???? Diesel right??? The epa better get on that!!!! Man what will we do without trains and semis???? Man no transportation of goods?????? hmmmmm i dont see diesels going away

#42 ·
how do you figure a stock turbo takes longer to spool?

#43 ·
It also takes ALOT of fuel to make 800hp so your adiing more air so it burns more...true....Its still going into the atmosphere. Its acually worse on the air when it is burnt because it turns into pure carbon monoxide and at a greater volume. With the soot it isnt released as a gas...Its solid particles

#45 ·
what are you runnin?

i realize i dont have the best turbo set up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.