Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Badly want my CUMMINS!!!!!!

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 · (Edited)
Help me please

#19 ·
:headbang:

That's what I did. When I was trading in my 05 2500 Hemi which only had 38,000 miles on it, my wife was not happy that I was looking at replacing it with an 06 2500 Diesel with 60,000 miles on it. So when I was driving to the dealership I called my salesman and said forget the used Quad Cab and have a New MegaCab written up and ready to go when I get there.

Needless to say, she wasn't much happier. I ended up having to buy a nicer house for her and we replaced her Liberty with a new Black Wrangler Unlimited(I picked this out too).

But I still got my Cummins!

#3 ·
ya know I was kind of thinkin the same but I just wanted to make it a peaceful homecoming for my new baby

#5 ·
diamonds that will shut her up-----for a minute

#6 ·
show her on paper that the MPG difference between a gas and diesel will pay for it's self in no time :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Don't use this to get the truck... Use this to get the programmer!!! That's what I did... it worked!:headbang:

#8 ·
Thanks guys I workin on it

#10 ·
Hey, I had a gasser V6 truck that got tops of 15mpg. It was lifted but nothing huge. My 06 has 39s on it and I get around 18-19 mpg under hard acceleration and 2 lane road driving daily. I could get even better IF I quite jumping off red lights and blowing soot all over the place. lol. You cant beat a CTD for mod-ability and economy all in 1 package. Oh and you can drive twice the milage on a CTD without a engine rebuild than you can your other gasser trucks. How could you beat that????? truck last twice as long. So thats more time in the future you get to drive this truck after its paid off compared to a gas truck that dead at 2ooK.

Good Luck.
Joe E.

#11 ·
I can only say that there has never been a better time to buy a CTD...also I am building my truck to last 10-15 yrs you cant do that with no gasser...my kids have lots of room in the back and they are damn safe!!!:headbang:
Good luck!!

#12 ·
Go down to the local photo place and have a pic of the poniac made into a cardboard cut out like the displays in the store and park the truck behind it. Problem solved. No really tell her to fit in a Playskool car and see if she likes it. If she does your screwed if not then shell know how you feel.

#13 ·
All too often guys like us are in these situations. There really isn't a right answer. Not matter what you do there is a good chance we will end up in the dog house. That's why I built my dog a kick a$$ house!:party018:

All joking aside, your marriage and family is much more important than anything else. Unless it's a CUMMINS!:lol4: Plead your case and if your wife is anything like mine she will understand and cut you some slack!

Good luck!

#15 ·
I knew some of you guys would understand. She actually has made me deal. We have been looking at houses and she wants me to wait until we get our house, then comes the:cbadge:. And I know what you are thinking but I trust her, she knows how much I want this and she even went and far as to say I deserve it. So I am trying to be patient.
:w:

#16 ·
Man, I'd just acting a like a 5 year old until I got it. I say to my wife all the time "I wanna get this next for my truck" and gets so pissed and it usually turns into an argument but eventually after so much crying I get it!

#17 ·
Um, do you currently have a house? If you don't, get the truck first, or it will likely be quite a long time til she "allows" you to get one. The reason I say that is because you will find you have a lot more expenses than you may realize....... been there.

#18 ·
Yes we do have a house now so I know what you mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.