Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Can i win???

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  liberty 
#1 ·
My buddy has an 05 dodge with a stock tranny and a smarty! i dont think his tranny is slipping YET!! and i have a 03 HO dodge with a full billet tranny and a smarty! my question is, is do yall think i can beat him, and if so what settings should i put my smarty on? Right now i have it on 7 tourqe on 3, timing 2, and rp 2!
btw my motor is the 555 HO if that makes a difference

#2 ·
I don't know much about the 3rd gen but I would say yes you should take him cause your tranny should be getting the power down better.

#5 ·
thats gonna be close, but if he doesnt slip, then he will prolly hold you of, and run the smarty on sw7 and leave the others where you have them.... this is going to be a cloase race...

#7 ·
on an 03 i would run the beta 4.2

#9 ·
put it on 9, shut off torque management, launch in 4x4 at least 20lbs boost. that shuld sho him whose boss

#12 ·
sw9 is pretty much useless on the 03-04 models. You will probably get better results with sw7. This has been the case with my current truck an 03 and also my previous truck an 04. That was my experience anyway. Turn your TM off since you have the tranny to handle it. Temporarily crank the RP up to 3 or 4 then turn it down afterwards. All that being said, I hate to say it but I don't think you stand a chance. 05 is just a stupid strong engine, especially with the Smarty on it. 05s love the Smarty. Your only hope is that his tranny doesn't hold, which it probably will for one race.

#11 ·
Beta 4.2 sw7!!... if not TNT....sw9 TQ4 TM3 RP3.........:thumbsup:

#14 ·
No sir, going off of first hand experiences with all three years from 03-05 and racing friends with the same mods as myself (yes I can "row them gears") and also seat of the pants feelings. Besides, there have been threads on here where people with 05 running Smarty putting down serious numbers "on a dyno", Smarty works well on 03-04s as well but better on the 05s in my experiences. To wake up the 555s you need bigger sticks. Once I upgraded to bigger sticks, the I could hold my own. :thumbsup:

#15 · (Edited)
Pop Pop Pop.........aka TNT on 03/04"s..........:shock::S::doh:

The Revo tune is a DUD....thats whats in your sig.........I dont think your on the same page......

#16 ·
No I meant to say sw9 not TNT. I don't have the mods to run the TNT nor would I want to. If I were to run anything, it would be the beta 4.2 but I don't have the mods nor the clutch to handle it. Heck, unless this guy just forgot to put it in his sig, he doesn't even have a big enough LP to handle the sw7 or sw9 if he cranks everything up. Now if he gets a LP and downloads the Beta tune or TNT whichever, he is going to STOMP his buddy. A blind man could see that one coming. Do you not agree? :confused:

#17 ·
i jus downloaded tnt and havent raced 5.9 gunner since, but with both our trucks, same mods and both on same smarty settings he would still smoke me. he has an 04, i have an 07

#18 ·
You should win.............:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.