Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2010 Ram at Chicago auto show

3K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Smourj21 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It looks straight up retarded, i am really dissapointed, i was expecting so much better from Dodge this time. I n my opinion the first gens were by far the best looking of all dodge so far, and then the 2006-2009 Dodge was 2nd. They really dropped the ball i think, it dont look near as good as i had hoped, it almost looks as though its crying or sad the front end is just wacked. Sorry for the long reply just had to get my say in there, oh yeah i personnaly think if Dodge went back 2 the square bodystyle look, they would sell alot more, they looked so much bigger and badder then!

#3 ·
:thumbsup:very nice

#8 · (Edited)
#9 ·
I like it, it will probably be another 09 1500 where you have to see it in person and then like it, thats the way I was when they first came out

#10 ·
thats depressing

#16 ·
i don't like the one panel thing on the 3500 duallys

#17 ·
Fugly front end. It seems there's a contest between auto manufacturers on who can make the ugliest vehicle. My personal opinion, live with it..

#18 ·
is it just me or does it look more like a ford. I think they should poll the consumer as to what WE want.

#19 ·
I dont know fellas. I didnt like the 1500s when I first saw them but they grew on me. I actually like the sports with the body color bumpers. But these front ends on the HDs???? I dont know about that. I was hoping for a better looking more original DODGE look. It really does look like both the new Fords and Chevys. The hood, lights, and cab design remind me ALOT of Ford. And now the terrible front fenders to small tire ratio from the chevys. I absolutely HATE the way the chevys look with the thick fenders and small tires. Now dodge has it. Great!. :-( . Ill stick to my 06' 5.9L or if I have to go newer, Ill get the 09' Hemi 1500. This really sucks. I was looking forward to seeing this awesome new truck. Aw well.
Joe E.

#20 ·
The 09 1500 has the same fenders and headlights as the 2010. Its the hood, bumper and grille that are different

#21 · (Edited)
Its way the hell better than Chevy and way WAY way WAY the hell better than the fugly fords.

Dodge still looks best, and with a 4-6" lift and some 35's-37's that would look freakin MEAN.

Personally, the jumped off the bridge in 2006. I love the look of the 05- Trucks. The 06-09's look good too, but not as good as earlier ones.

EDIT: Wheel wells look smaller to me, anyone else notice? Look at the flare compared to the hood height and look at how tucked in that tire is to the front bumper. You would never clear 35's at that height.

#28 ·
EDIT: Wheel wells look smaller to me, anyone else notice? Look at the flare compared to the hood height and look at how tucked in that tire is to the front bumper. You would never clear 35's at that height.
And now the terrible front fenders to small tire ratio from the chevys. I absolutely HATE the way the chevys look with the thick fenders and small tires. Now dodge has it. Great!. :-( .
Joe E.
Yup, I posted the same thing. I cant stand that! Its the worse thing about these new trucks. Looks like the Avalanche. Not cool.
Joe E.

#23 ·
agreed, i was a lil suprised as well, it looks ok, not something i would buy. darn right 1st gens had the most amazing bodystyle in history of trucks! and they were smaller and could fit in a garage!
Yeah my 1st gen fit in the garage till i put 35" tires on her, but i Dont think they were smaller looking i had a reg cab and could fit 4 people on the front bench seat and still shift i think the square body styles makem look bigger and meaner. Here is a pic of my first gen after 37" tires

#26 · (Edited)
Pics do not do the truck justice. Go see it in person and you will think differently.
Who are you talking to?

That's a beauty
thanks man i regret selling that truck at least once a week, but i needed newer one w/more power and a change, i got $10k outta that truck, and only had 7k in it so i made out pretty good, but i got a lot of parts for free, had i paid for all them it would be well over 15k.

#29 ·
Oh and DodgeLuvr, can you give me some specs on that first gen? What lift, wheels tires, etc. I want to find a first gen and run with her in that direction too. If I ever have to sell my truck I want to get one of the older CTDs like that. Great job on it!
Joe E.

#30 ·
just plain, flat out, the ugliest thing ever! Just like the new chevy's. UGLY UGLY UGLY !!! I refuse to buy a new body style chevy and now a 2010 dodge. How stupid are thes trucks gonna be 5 years from now. you can't even go over a curb without ripping off $1000 worth of plastic s!$$. Whats the point of driving a truck if you can't jump the curbs between stores in town to avoid getting back out on the main road!

#31 ·
What plastic are you talking about? :confused013: And the same thing was said about that truck you drive in 2002 when the 3rd gen HD was introduced :shock:

Attachments

#32 ·
it was more directed at the chevy's. but its the over all apperance and durability of these new vehicles that are coming out. its crap. these new trucks are not working man friendly. I'm around it everyday on pipelines and in the woods. new chevy's stuck everywere they go cause they bottom out. and the bumper plastic is ripped off every one we have. It just seems dodge is heading down that road too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.