Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Got a good kill last night..

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  strokersmoker8 
#1 ·
It is my first diesel kill. My buddy has an 03 6.0 powerstroke that has a 5" exhaust, Intake, and Edge Juice w/attitude. Before I got my injectors he would walk all over me (that juice really opens up those 6.0's). Well I was tellin him how much better my truck is now with them and he thought he would still be able to beat me. We went out to a two lane highway last night, pulled over and waited for a long clearing of cars. Once the time came we pulled out and I forgot to say that he didnt wanna boosted launch, he wanted a rolling launch from ten mph. (dunno why anyone with a diesel wouldnt wanna spool up before the race, he has always been into ricers...to his credit he had a 12 second integra that was no good from a stop. it would boil tires at 50mph). so i agreed and we left at 10.. he didnt know but i brake boosted it to about 10 pounds or so not much..that was probably all my brakes could handle, but when he started to go i ran right past him and put like 5 truck lengths on him.. it was bad. and that is my first diesel kill story. more to come!

#4 ·
It is great that you won but am I correct in assuming that you did this on a public road? If so then I would strongly encourage you to take this to the track, the streets is not the place to do this.

LT.

#5 ·
I would agree with you... but here in ND we have alot of back roads in the countryside that dont see much traffic during the day and hardly any after midnight. We used to go street racing for hours before we'd see one car. So depending on where the race takes place i think street racing is fine. Its not fine in the middle of town or a residential, but out in the sticks with no traffic for hours... i think its ok.

#10 ·
Love puttin it to powerjokes and durasnatches... almost hate beating another dodge... haha.. well don't mind putting it to commonrails as much cause alot of em think they have a fast truck by just putting a chip on one.. o and nice truck 02bbcummins.. wish i had a 4x4 auto..

#12 ·
^^^^ wow mad........... KEEP EM STORIES CUMMINS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.