Cummins Diesel Forum banner

My first Cummins :D

845 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  02cumminsdude 
#1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I posted and I'm still a noob. But I think it's finally time for me to trade in the Stang for my first Cummins. I found a truck I'm interested in and I'm looking for a little guidance from other owners, heres the link:

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

I already blue-booked it and found they are asking about 3 grand too much for it so I would not be buying it for anywhere near the listed price of 14.9 Basically I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to look for with this truck if I go test drive it, any known issues or warning signs I should be looking for? Also, I was wondering how the 4 wheel drive is on these trucks? Does it damage easily from binding or driving at certain speeds with it engaged? I know our Silverado has the electronic transfer case and lets you put it in 4hi and 2hi at any speed but you have to stop to get into 4lo... is this similar on the Rams? Anything at all I should know will help a lot.

Thanks in advance for any help

#3 ·
Ohh ok, so they are just simply more rare? Or is there some other advantage to having that model? I'm going to shave off every dollar I can with it since we're going to be seeing spring soon and gas prices seem to be on the rise again.

#4 ·
good luck in your search bud there's alot of trucks out there for the takin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.