Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How much?

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Smokeybear 
#1 ·
I have been trying to get a 3500 5.9 for about 5 months now. I have come close trading several times but I finally sold my car and am ready to make a purchase. My question is how much to offer for this truck:

2006 3500
Quad Cab Long Bed Dually
6 Speed 5.9 Cummins
BigHorn Edition
Cloth Interior Power everything
37,727 miles

Asking Price: $27,900

What is this truck worth?

Thanks,

Smokeybear

#5 ·
I was thinkin that I should be able to get a much better deal because of what new trucks are going for. Unfortunately that is the BEST deal I have found on autotrader for 2006 6spd 5.9's.

Anyone have a good suggestion on where to find one? So far I am having no luck.

Thanks,

Smokeybear

#6 ·
I just bought my 06 4x4 QC longbed dually 2 months ago and paid 23,000 and think I got a great deal. I bet if you offered 23 you would drive it home. I doubt you will ever find one with that mileage for less. I would take a dozen of them for the 17k the other poster was saying.

#8 ·
I was lookin at a couple a few weeks ago and saw one about what you looked at only it was 4x4. They were askin 25k and ppl told me that was wayyy too much. So you should be able to find a better deal, or try to talk em down a bit.

The more I look around at trucks, the more I realize I got hosed when I bought my current one...depressing

#9 ·
Theres a 05 2500 cummins in town with 50,000 miles on it for 10,000,it a 2wd

#14 ·

Well this is a whole different truck. An 06 BIG HORN longbed quadcab 4x4 dually was a 50,000.00 truck when new. To compare it pricewise to a 2wd srw 2500 is odd. If you can find a 06 big horn dually with 37,000 miles on it for less than 23,000 they are giving it away. I dont see it happening.

#11 ·
welcome aboard SMOKEY, hey fill in your LOCATION section under your name so people can help you find a rig. in ohio there are some nice cheap rigs here, wish i would of waited. good luck

#13 ·
ne ohio youngstown area. i went to kbb yesterday for sh-ts & giggles to check on prices of trucks in the area. holy cow 08 200miles loaded 28-30k

#15 ·
08 qc big horn loaded 2000 miles asking $29,500, white i think thats a pretty good price

#16 ·
That does sound like a good price. However, I would rather go truck-less than buy a 6.7 or any diesel from the big three after the emissions crap. I owned 2007 Duramax LMM recently and it was bought back after 5 months of fighting GM. It is somewhere I never want to be again. Not to say the 6.7 isn't any good but I'd rather be much safer than sorry and buy a proven 5.9. I believe this is what is making my process so complicated. Not many 3500 6spd 5.9's with low mileage floating around.

Smokeybear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.