Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Help me decide which truck to buy

571 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  colinmitchell111 
#1 ·
Hello all.. Im on the fence over 2 trucks to buy and i need some help. Heres my current situation, I have an 06 f150 crew 4x4. I use it as my daily driver 15 miles each way to work every day. i also have a 30ft 5th wheel camper that I pull. All though i am impressed how the f150 has handled such a big load, lets face it the 5.4 barely has enough nuts to move 10k lbs. So i have decided to upgrade to a diesel dually and it has to be a 4x4, after driving and researching dodge chevys and fords i think the dodge cummins are the best value. so here are the 2 trucks. they are both 2005 silver 3500 cummins 4x4 duallys both with 46000 miles, 1 is a 6 speed with cloth, and the other is an auto with leather. the interior isnt a huge deal to me. the 6 speed has brand new tires and the auto has bout 50% tread left and i know the 6 speed is a 1 owner old guy, both dont have 5th wheels or goosenecks. both dealerships want the same price. I like driving both of them but i guess the big issue will be the reliability of the trannys and how well they tow. I wont be modding the truck heavily, maybe an exhaust system and a chip. any advice would be great. Thanks!

#2 ·
1rst off welcome aboard, personal pref. on trucks. 6 speed will take the abuse better & last longer. good luck i'm sure you'll love either 1.

#3 ·
I agree with ESAFO, I love my 6speed and wouldnt trade for any auto. There has never been a time I felt I was gonna destroy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.