Cummins Diesel Forum banner

what more does larimie model have then slt

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  nick02ram 
#1 · (Edited)
debating on getting a larimie or just having leather seats in stalled, what else does the larimie have that the big horn(slt) doesnt have I also want a sunroof anyone have a sunroof in a slt in a megacab if that matters

#2 ·
bump to the top

#3 ·
U get stering wheel controls of the radio. Dual climate control. Leather/heated seats. Then usually a better factory stero system.

#8 ·
but you can get the premium stereo system in the SLT's too! in my opinion there isnt 4k difference in SLT and laramine.... the seats are pretty much the only difference.... most everything else you can get with the SLT package... at least thats how it was when I ordered mine in early 06

This is true, I have the infinity sound system with steering wheel controls in my 06 big horn slt.

Laramie basically gets you the leather, heated seats, special badges and the color matched front bumper. Like mentioned above, not really worth the extra money IMO

#4 ·
but you can get the premium stereo system in the SLT's too! in my opinion there isnt 4k difference in SLT and laramine.... the seats are pretty much the only difference.... most everything else you can get with the SLT package... at least thats how it was when I ordered mine in early 06

#5 ·
I have an aftermarket dvd player so i want the bottom end stereo because its coming out, I am heading to the bank then the dealer now to see if they can get me what I want

#10 ·
I am heading to the bank then the dealer now to see if they can get me what I want
You can use the Dodge web site before you visit the dealership, to see what they have in stock versus what you want. You can also use it to search nearby dealerships, to see what could be available for a dealer trade if your preferred dealership doesn't have exactly what you want.

Just remember, you have MUCH less bargaining power if you are not taking a truck off their lot for what it is, so taking a full-tilt Laramie that they have in stock might be cheaper than special ordering an SLT with a sunroof and leather seats.....

#7 ·
yea im my .02 I would just get the SLT and have leather seats installed if you want them because you can get Leather seats for a HECK of a lot cheaper then 4000 and if you already got the aftermarket stereo your gonna put in thats another 1200 I think... and with the Larimine you get a different front bumper....

#11 ·
well I just got back ordered a 09 mega cab laramie electric blue, sunroof, manual, swapping all my parts lift rims etc and performance mods, should be arriving in 3-4 weeks, there giving me about 24k for my truck pay off is 44k ouch, but better interest rate by 2.5% so payments are going to be $30 more then the one I have now

#12 ·
Congrats man! That shouldbe awesome...wish I had a sunroof!

Just curious, why are you getting rid of your 07.5 for an 09?

#14 ·
well I wanted the laramie mega cab but couldnt bring my self to pay the extra money, I am getting this truck cheaper then I did my quad cab bighorn 2 years ago and just did the loan and 60 more bucks a month

#13 ·
Crongrats on the new truck. I kinda wished i had the larmie. I have the big horn i think the only option i have is a power driver seat.

#15 ·
Nice. For an extra $60/month its worth it, especially since you can take all your goodies and put them on the new truck. Now you just need to slap a long bed on that sucker!

#16 ·
6k more to stretch the dealer said I have heard of alittle bit cheaper in other places, my wifes uncle has his on custom auto body shop and did his own so I might see about that

#18 ·
So what's the difference on 2nd gens? Mine says Laramie and I got cloth seats, vinyl floors. Don't know about the stereo,aftermarket unit installed when I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.