Cummins Diesel Forum banner

which generation to buy

681 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ESAFO 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, New to forum. Have a question on which generation truck to buy. Wanting to purchase a Ram 3500 4x4 dually regular cab with auto trans.Would like to know from people that own the 5.9 which of the gens. they would recommend and why. Can not afford a new 6.7 so that is out of the question.Just needing a truck that will not cost alot to purchase and can add items to for performance and mileage.Going to use the truck for pulling a 35 foot fifth wheel camper and toying with for fun.No racing and not a daily driver.Just want to fix it up and have something nice in the end.I would rather have a older truck than a brand new one.Had a 06 power stroke I bought new and hated it.I know now if you want something that your not sure about is to ask questions and learn from past mistakes.Thanks for any help.Drail

#2 ·
Whats your plans for the truck, depends on what your going to be doing with it as to which year is better. Dailiy driver, grocerygetter, toyhauler, racing, pulling?

#3 ·
Also moved ya to the general diesel forum for better exposure.

#4 ·
24 valve without question. Very easy to modify because it is electronic injection and gets good mileage. With a few beef ups the 47re will take quite a beating too if you have a few extra dollars. also just add a fuel pressure light so you don't cavitate the pump. The 24 valve is personally my favorite of all the ram cummins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.