Cummins Diesel Forum banner

is my truck an HD version possibly?

687 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  scrappy 
#1 ·
i have been trying to find new leaf springs for the truck in my sig and a set of timbrens, the leaf packs that i describe to the vendors on the phone supposedly belong on a 3500. i am not aware of hd versions in 98.5, how would i tell. i know the springs on the truck are the originals, their is a number stamped in the spring, and i referred this to the stealership and they said it means nothing (wasnt surprised, typical dodge customer service). if i remember right i have (from the axle up) 2 flat pieces, a 4 leaf pack a spacer and then the 2 overload pack. any ideas for leaf spring vendors that are reasonable? thanx.

#2 ·
wow, 3.5 hrs and no responses, maybe i should post something stupid about how i put a new tuner inside one of my stacks and got 38.5 miles per gallon towing a 68' gooseneck--then maybe i will get a response...

#3 ·
check the GVW on your truck there were 2 different options I belive 6500lbs and 8000lbs the 8k is the same suspension as the 3500. I just went through this ordering my front balljoints and tierod ends they are all the same as the 3500

#4 ·
do you have a rear swaybar?
if so, you have a camper special(sounds like you do).
the camper special has an 8800# GVWR and uses the same springs as a 3500.
there should be a tag in the glovebox with all the options on the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.