Dodge Customer Service - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Diesel Polls Cummins Forum Official Polls

View Poll Results: I have used Dodge customer service and...
I felt the service was great I will buy another Dodge 282 46.92%
I felt the service was horrid. "DODGE" seems to be their mission statement 319 53.08%
Voters: 601. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Oddly enough in the few instances I have recieved a call, it resolved little or nothing and after that they wouldn't call again, I guess they only want positive feedback, maybe an ego boost I'm guessing

o7 Mega Cab 4x4, 6.7, TS-MP8, Edge w/HOT unlock, TCM tuned by MHP, S&B intake, 4" TBE,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kore HP leveling kit, Fox Shocks
In progress, 55 chevy 468BB, TH400, NP205, 38.5 Swampers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:48 PM

1. I took my truck in on a Monday for a CEL and a couple codes; didn't know about the forum yet
2. Tuesday was told was a "sensor" for the turbo; I concurred as my truck on a first acceleration from a "start" was slow
3. Was told the part would be in on Wednesday
4. Wed. comes, talk to rep. parts truck in around 10am. At 3pm Rep. tells me wrong part was sent. Right part won't be here until Friday due to late hour
5. I complain about finding out about wrong part so late in day when parts truck had arrived at 10am.
6. Get truck back on Friday
7. CEL pops on again 1 week later
8. I take back in; diagnosis is "free" as CEL suspected due to recently replaced "sensor"
9. Truck is in for two days, unable to properly check new "problem" as the temp was too high (they were leading me down the road, as I know now, of replacing heater grids
10. Fortunately, I began to wise up, and looked at code at AutoZone before taking in 2nd time. Possible causes for new code were high resistance from battery cables
11. Again, fortunately for me, I cleaned a lot of corrosion before taking it in second time
12. Rep tells me they reset CEL and asks what I want to do. I pick truck back up no work done this time, and CEL has stayed off for over month now.
13. I joined the forums (DTR and this one) started doing lot more reading and, if I can help it will never go to this dealer again due to length of repair on original CEL, which was legit, I just didn't know enough then, but do now
14. My cleaning of the battery posts saved me an unnecessary 2nd repair of roughly $700 parts/labor
15. Didn't vote because wasn't a category for this
16. I did complain, btw, on the first repair on the length of time to diagnose/repair, and asked for and received "discount" of $70 off the original $750 tab (first CEL), many thanks to them (hah)
17. If that's how they treat "paying" customers, I'm afraid of how they treat warranty repairs
18. Dealer, for the record, was Lustine Dodge, in Woodbridge VA
19. Overall, I feel that the rep. could have kept me better informed; I made all the status calls, and feel that if I hadn't made my inquiries, they would have kept my repair on the back burner even longer
20. Fortunately, my wife was out of town, so I was able to use her car, but if I hadn't had this luxury, I'm sure the dealer wouldn't have gone to the trouble of making sure I had transportation that week.
21. I love my truck, but don't like the way dealers treat their customers. I don't like the idea of being at their mercy.
22. I felt that with the 2nd CEL (the one where I told them to do nothing) they were about ready to start throwing parts at the truck until the CEL went away. Not very good diagnostic practice.
23. Thanks for the time...and space.

1999 2500, 4x4, SWB, Quad Cab, AT, All stock, no other mods...yet.
2008 FXDF Fat Bob, Black Denim

Last edited by danimal1208; 11-27-2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: add info
post #27 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 3,563 Times in 2,272 Posts
I've bought 31 new vehicles from my dealer in 32 years. They roll out the red carpet when I walk in the door. In all those vehicles I've never had a bad one.

2013 Ram 3500 Dually CTD 6.7/Aisin/4:10 LSD
Previous Rams:
90 CC Dually, 94 RC LB, 95 CC SB, 98 QC Dually, 00 QC Dually, 01 QC Off Road, 03 QC Dually, 05 QC Dually, 08 QC Dually, 10 CC Dually

post #28 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Cummins Nut

Without sarcasm, Id say I may get the red carpet to if I could afford that many vehicles, I usually get the poor, sucker treatment!

o7 Mega Cab 4x4, 6.7, TS-MP8, Edge w/HOT unlock, TCM tuned by MHP, S&B intake, 4" TBE,
Kore HP leveling kit, Fox Shocks
In progress, 55 chevy 468BB, TH400, NP205, 38.5 Swampers

post #29 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 AM
ben
Diesel Head

I've lucked out and have been real fortunate with the dealer I go to. They treat me well.

99 2wd 2500 RCSB
post #30 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Diesel Head

seems that the domestic company could care less what they treat the customer like, and I think they are seeing th results, going into debt and gonna go out of business b/c of it, I wish there were other means of buying a vehicle besides from some low life dealers who hire 18 yr old techs who don't care or take pride in what they do.

Red 06 QCSB 85%cp3, 60hp sticks, 62mm howler, fully billet trans.
post #31 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhand10 View Post
He refused to put oil in the filter, said the oil pump would fill the filter, so I pulled the keys, and refused to let them start the engine. This brought attention fro Shop Manager, and even when I showed him the owner's manual stating to pre fill the filter, he didn't have a problem with the tech refusing to go to that much effort, just told me to get out of the shop, quit bothering the so called mechanic.
umm...
post #32 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfer10 View Post
low life dealers who hire 18 yr old techs who don't care or take pride in what they do.
That's the exact reason noone will change the oil or fuel filters or do general maintainence on my truck except me.

2013, 2500 Megacab Laramie G56 (Manual 6spd) 4wd, PPEI EFI Live.
2007 5.9 mega Dually
1998 24v
post #33 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:16 AM

My experience with Dodge has been terrible. My 2005 quad cab diesel 5.9 4x4 was delivered with battery cables loose, only hand tight. I feel this is the cause of my continuous electrical problems. (intermittent problems are as follows...radio fades, electric windows fail to work, turn signals fail, headlights go on and off at will, alarm triggers even after remote opens doors, tail lights burn out about every 4 weeks) Then the air conditioner compressor went out at 2K miles, took 2 weeks to fix. The trans shifted funny since day one, then went out at 80K. They found part of a snap ring in the valve body.(probably from factory) The new rebuilt trans. shifted great but the mileage was never the same. I feel the torque converter was damaged and they missed it. Now at 170k miles the trans is burnt out. Mileage is 1/2 of what it used to be.They told me i must be "riding it too hard". I rarely tow anything and never pull more than 7,000 pounds, and never go more than 5 miles per hour over the limit. The truck is supposed to be rated for 10,000 pounds. I though i was buying a work truck not an glorified grocery hauler. The continuing electrical problems, weak trans, and slow service have tired me out. I am taking my money that i would have sunk into trans number three and buying a new chevy. It cant be any worse.
post #34 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Cummins Fanatic

It all really depends on the dealership. I like my current one a lot.

The one I dealt with when I purchased my last Dodge (89 W150 short bed 4x4 4 speed granny gear--I had it 15 years) was so bad, I came up with the acronym: Dodge - Delayed Or Damaged Goods, Everytime.

Tony -- '06 2500 CTD QC SLT LB 4x4 Goerend 48RE full billet, HTT 62/65/14, Airdog, Jake, Smarty,
, Commander+Boost Fooler+RP gauge, Aerotank 75 gal. fuel tank
'04 VW NB TDI 5spd
post #35 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynots57 View Post
My local dealership installed a non OEM sliding rear window in order to repair a leaking non-slider window. An aftermarket slider is $300.00 cheaper than a OEM slider and a local glass shop refuses to install non OEM sliders in Dodges due to too many problems with leaking. They also signed off on park alarm recall without actually doing the flash which is fine with me. They also said they would check tire pressure during lifetime oil change service and after driving OR to AZ found tires 20lbs low. My trust level is also very low with them
I contacted the service manager on phone about the non-oem slider window they installed on my truck. He was gone when I came in for oil change and the service advisor I talked to was very mum. I reassured him as I did the service advisor that the window does not look like anything Iíve ever scene on a factory dodge. The first question again was if the replacement was done as warrantee work. The service manager then told me that their dealership does not ship oem glass and that all their glass work is stocked and installed by 2 local companies who only use Chrysler approved glass.
I feel like Iím really getting jerked around on this one.

2005 3/4 SRW 48RE QUAD L/B 4x4 AEM AERO
post #36 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLYSMOKES View Post
These are at a dealership. Anyone ever call the customer service phone # for dodge? Anyone ever have to talk to them about warranty issues? Why the warranty was voided? Anything like that? :thumbsup
This is my second issue / experience with them. The first one was on my old truck(2000), I called back in 2003. At the time the truck was 3 years old and had door rot. NOT COVERED! Then the exhaust ROTTED OFF...OFF! NOT COVERED! The tranny was slipping ...hey guess what, NOT COVERED! WHY? " because Im not the orgional owner of the truck" HUMMMMM So, IF something happend to the motor (and I have 37K miles) its not covered under the 100K warranty?
You buy used trucks why would the corporation care to help you when your warranty was expired?They are in the business of selling new vehicles,not used.Using your position as a moderator is akin to a cop using his leverage.

Bob

05 2500 4x4 Carli Dominator 3.0 Suspension Baja proven
94 2500 4x4 Carli performance 2.0 with full leafs
90 wrangler injected locked and caged crawler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode