Dodge Customer Service - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Diesel Polls Cummins Forum Official Polls

View Poll Results: I have used Dodge customer service and...
I felt the service was great I will buy another Dodge 282 46.92%
I felt the service was horrid. "DODGE" seems to be their mission statement 319 53.08%
Voters: 601. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
My dealer discouraged me from the DCX stuff asked me to buy an after market extended thingy makes me wonder if they know something after all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck all :thumbsup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 AM

Called a dealer to check if my 98 12 valve needed the valves adjusted. 1st dealer wanted to make an appt. and said it would cost about $500. Called another dealer and was told the valves dont need adjusting. What was that dealer going to do for $500?
post #15 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Cummins Nut

I had a good experience at Cannon Dodge with my hydro-valve going bad, and my buddy with a 2004.5 with the same mods as mine took his in for his tranny(2 gear) and they fixed him right up with a new TC,Valve body,new 2nd gear band! Of course he took off his Edge but his truck does has 6" stacks. They never even blinked:thumbsup

2006 Dodge QCSB 4x4 2500,48RE,SMARTY,Muffler MIA,AEM Brute Force,Rolling on DC-1's,305/65/17 Procomp Extreme MT's,Hell Bent 2" leveling kit,Mag-Hytec DD, Auto Meter Phantom gauges,DTT Assassin lift pump.

post #16 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Cummins Fan

I put a "dodge" vote because that is exactly how they have handled evry problem. Come in getting 9 miles to the gallon empty and they said that it was clear I am not driving it hard enough. Come in and ask about the huge clouds of smoke that I get while driving a stock truck; guess what "Sir, you need to drive it harder, blow out that exhust". Finally come in complaining of a loud ticking noise that has gotten louder scine mile 1, "Well sir it is a diesel, but maybe you could drive it harder to clean out the system". BTW I have to change my sig, evrything is now stock again.

2006 qc w/auto
post #17 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:13 PM

I tried to help a guy at work with a problem on his dodge. Front right side was makingnoise after hunting on the weekend. He had run across a small ditch on the side of the path. Nothing much to it. After going to the dealership and telling them what happened, they said they would not cover damage under warranty. I helped him call corp and they told us that they would not help. This woman told us that thier truck were not to be used off road. I ask her if she was kidding. She then told us that thier was nobody else we could talk to, she was as high up the ladder we could go and that she was putting in the computer that we were not to be helped any further.
post #18 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Pot Stirrer

i have good luck with my dealer, well he is a friend of the familys. we have bought hundreds of trucks from him over the years. i can say there are some things he cant even get around. for example my 2000 the exhaust fell off it at 20,000 miles, when i took it in they said a chrysler exc was there and said not to cover it under warranty. the guy tried to say i backed into something causing the muffler to fall off he said the way it was dented showed it was bent down. i told him that happened when the muffler rusted off and fell ,it caused the part still attached to bend. it was obvious damn chrysler moron

any how i asked my dealer if i did all the mods i want to do to my truck if he would still cover it under warranty and he said he would look the other way as much as he could. :thumbsup

2013 3500 srw Laramie limited 4x4 crew long bed black on black aisin 2" leveling kit, 5% window tint. Hornblasters train horns. Bone stock and staying that way
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous rams 2000 2500 slt + qc lb 4x4 v-10, 03 qc lb 2500 4x4 hemi Laramie, 07 3500 qc lb 4x4 5.9 ctd Laramie. All have been black
post #19 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Cummins Nut

The dealer I got my truck from in Woodstock Ga has been good so far. They dont care about all my extra stuff on the truck. It has had a slight shifting problem and they just said to take bullydog off and then send the truck to them and they reflashed everything and it was good. They only screwed me once; I just got gauges and really didn't want to mess with the wireing side of it so I took it to them and they said they could do it. THey told me it would probably be $300. When I picked up the truck they said they had some complications and it took more time; $600. They screwed me and it hurt!!! ANd the othey thing I asked to get the bands adjusted in the transmission and they said they don't have any, dodge got rid of them. BS!!! My guy there is cool but I gotta watch out for what they do. If it wasn't for him I would cry everytime I go in there. They are a bunch of dumb arses

06 2500, Bullydog, quadzilla race module, Boost Fooler, AEM Brute Force Intake, CFM+ Intake, Silverline 4" Duals,POS Auto Meter Phantom Gauges, Airdog 150
post #20 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Cummins Nut

O yea, don't ever get them to test for leaks with the turbo or intercooler. All they did with mine was hook something up to the obd port and see what the boost was reading under wot. well my issue was that I was getting low boost with a new aftermarket turbo. They didn't have a clue what the boost pressure was supposed to be. Hell I can get a map sensor boost reading from my outlook. But they didn;t tell me that till I called them a couple days later to see how they did it.

06 2500, Bullydog, quadzilla race module, Boost Fooler, AEM Brute Force Intake, CFM+ Intake, Silverline 4" Duals,POS Auto Meter Phantom Gauges, Airdog 150
post #21 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Cummins Nut

Ive dealt with three dealerships and two were crap, now I have one that at least the advisor tries to help, the mechanics are another story all together. Northwest dodge here in Houston does me some justice, however I went to Spring dodge and the moron advisor wanted to question me as to why Im checkin my codes and keeping tabs on my $43000 investment, real jerk and better than that they are suppose to be a five star dealer, that must be the biggest marketing joke ever...enough ranting I could go on for days!

o7 Mega Cab 4x4, 6.7, TS-MP8, Edge w/HOT unlock, TCM tuned by MHP, S&B intake, 4" TBE,
Kore HP leveling kit, Fox Shocks
In progress, 55 chevy 468BB, TH400, NP205, 38.5 Swampers

post #22 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Diesel Head

Quote:
that must be the biggest marketing joke ever...enough ranting I could go on for days!
that sir, is the entire purpose of this thread. :thumbsup Like I said, I would like to email the thread to their customer service department. Afterall, they have a program now as to where they call you back after your dealings with them over the phone, Im giving them ACTUAL CUSTOMERS. Come to think of it, they didnt call me back to ask what I thought about the customer service I recieved.
post #23 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Cummins Fan

I got a call after the first time I was in with problem. I gave them avg. marks because of the service manager, but poor marks for about everthing else. Needless to say, I have taking my truck in 3 more times since then and have not recieved so much as a postcard asking me about the service. I have a feeling that they think they might not want to ask.
Dan

2006 qc w/auto
post #24 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Cummins Fan

Thumbs down Dodge Cummins Truck Service

I voted NO, due to two different episodes with my local dealer. Note, this dealer sold me a brand new 12 valve, but when I replaced it, I DID NOT go back to that dealer.
Carl Gregory Dodge, Columbus, Ga.
First I had a real cuss fight over the tech who was doing a free oil and filter change when the truck was very new. He refused to put oil in the filter, said the oil pump would fill the filter, so I pulled the keys, and refused to let them start the engine. This brought attention fro Shop Manager, and even when I showed him the owner's manual stating to pre fill the filter, he didn't have a problem with the tech refusing to go to that much effort, just told me to get out of the shop, quit bothering the so called mechanic.
The next time they saw my truck was when the lift pump had started to leak down, and so they did replace it under warranty, but within a week or so, the rubber portion of the fuel lines were leaking, (right at the lift pump) and that cost me over $600 to repair the damage caused by them replacing the lift pump under warranty.
I now have a 04.5 and will pay for a wrecker to haul it the nearest cummins shop, (over 90 miles away) before I would let any one from that shop touch my truck. I have always purchased both oil and fuel filters from Cummins, and with my present truck out of warranty, see no reason to risk it's condition or my wallet to this shop.

:woot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode