The Future of our sport !!!!!!! - Page 26 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Diesel Polls Cummins Forum Official Polls

View Poll Results: Should the Diesel Sites step up to the challenge?
Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Sport Must live on. 841 95.35%
No !!!!!!!!!!!! Who really cares. 41 4.65%
Voters: 882. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 311 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
It's soo hard to fight the good battle. With certain companies that's whole sales is selling shirts and making videos that clearly glorify "rolling coal," and pages on social media outlets, we have to keep our heads on a swivel to put out the fires!!! Its like a hydra, cut one head and two more appear, but we must not surrender the good fight!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 2500 SLT "Great White Buffalo"
2012 Laramie Mega Cab 3500 "Babe the Blue Ox"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to:Firepunk Diesel, D&J Precision Machine, Alligator Performance, Exergy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 311 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Lovin how your sig picture is a dodge rollin some good ol' merican coal !!!!

New Rig: 06 3500 Megacab - All stock for now except for tuning - Tuning done by the man Mr. Dave Matthews @ Draconian
post #303 of 311 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 04:04 AM
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7CUMMINS89 View Post
Lovin how your sig picture is a dodge rollin some good ol' merican coal !!!!
It does tend to do that, when I'm raving it, at a race track, during an event like TS or so, but not red light to red light at all the intersections so I can look "cool" to all the mouth breathing knuckle draggers watching, wishing they could afford to make power and not just blow smoke or throw giant C stickers in the window. Thank you for noticing though!!

2005 2500 SLT "Great White Buffalo"
2012 Laramie Mega Cab 3500 "Babe the Blue Ox"

Thanks to:Firepunk Diesel, D&J Precision Machine, Alligator Performance, Exergy
The Following User Says Thank You to Woosley For This Useful Post:
BBRam (02-03-2015)
post #304 of 311 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosley View Post
It does tend to do that, when I'm raving it, at a race track, during an event like TS or so, but not red light to red light at all the intersections so I can look "cool" to all the mouth breathing knuckle draggers watching, wishing they could afford to make power and not just blow smoke or throw giant C stickers in the window. Thank you for noticing though!!
Hahaha i hear ya on that. I remember back before efi live was available for the 6.7 i was still running a smarty and tried out the TNT software ... I drove 2 miles down the road went back home and took it off.... Because it smoked way to much because. I wont lie it was cool but not at all practical

New Rig: 06 3500 Megacab - All stock for now except for tuning - Tuning done by the man Mr. Dave Matthews @ Draconian
post #305 of 311 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 06:59 PM
3 footin' through life

Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,338 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I constantly hit the report button when people are talking about blatant rolling coal. I've had the "Wisconsin Coal Roller" threads deleted from our chapter. In fact, I just searched coal and asked for about 10 threads to be deleted or have the title changed. And any time I see an old username with a coal or smoke reference I message them and ask them to have it changed.

I also feel that to some extent we should fight back by educating people about how clean burning diesels are more efficient than their gas counterparts. I do this fairly commonly. I got my ma to buy a diesel last go around. But individually my impact is small. How can we spread the word about that better?

The VA president has a VA Coal Roller image as his avatar. WTF dude?!

'05.5 6.7 Cryo & Peened NV5600 - 12.6 @ 111.6 - 811/1583 Old #'s
100%'s, LBZ/Arson pumps, MHP +1mm, ZZFab, Wagler Rods, 69/73/1.0 & s482
1350 Frontshaft, TruTrac, 315's, 64" T-Bars,TGC 1/2"+, Carli BJ's, '08.5
Street Triple, Hami 103#/Extreme Pushrods, A1 H11

Last edited by Broaner; 09-30-2015 at 07:15 PM.
post #306 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Cummins Nut

Sorry, if this has been mentioned earlier but I haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet.

I was driving the other day when I had an idea. What if there was a program that allowed you to pay a carbon offset fee that allowed you to own a deleted diesel. This came up because I've been considering selling my 2015 mega cab for a older 5.9 without emissions since I love building trucks and making them high performance but I'm worried the EPA will start cracking down and I'll have to neuter my truck by putting the DPF back on. Don't get me wrong, just because I'm only 20 doesn't mean I want an older truck so I can smoke out intersections, I've spent a lot of time with my EFILive tuner revising tunes to make my truck run as clean as possible. I was thinking we could have a fee that we could pay to be exempt from emissions testing so that those of us who are into the performance side of diesels could still enjoy our sport. In my mind the money would go into a fund that would be used for greenhouse gas reduction causes like planting trees or something. Any thoughts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2015 Mega Cab 3500 4x4, 68rfe, 2.5 in. leveling kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer, Method Racing Wheels with 35 in. Terra Grapplers, EFILive by PPEI, Fleece Performance VGT
post #307 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Diesel Freak

There are laws almost everywhere about what excessive smoke is. There are also many laws about having you tires hang out from the fender. Few obey either.
post #308 of 311 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 01:22 PM

post #309 of 311 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 PM
3 footin' through life

Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,338 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Wow thats really an impressive number of sigs on that petition. When I signed a month ago it wasn't half that

'05.5 6.7 Cryo & Peened NV5600 - 12.6 @ 111.6 - 811/1583 Old #'s
100%'s, LBZ/Arson pumps, MHP +1mm, ZZFab, Wagler Rods, 69/73/1.0 & s482
1350 Frontshaft, TruTrac, 315's, 64" T-Bars,TGC 1/2"+, Carli BJ's, '08.5
Street Triple, Hami 103#/Extreme Pushrods, A1 H11

post #310 of 311 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 09:05 PM
World Champs!!!

Thanked 7,538 Times in 4,663 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneumeyer View Post
Sorry, if this has been mentioned earlier but I haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet.

I was driving the other day when I had an idea. What if there was a program that allowed you to pay a carbon offset fee that allowed you to own a deleted diesel. This came up because I've been considering selling my 2015 mega cab for a older 5.9 without emissions since I love building trucks and making them high performance but I'm worried the EPA will start cracking down and I'll have to neuter my truck by putting the DPF back on. Don't get me wrong, just because I'm only 20 doesn't mean I want an older truck so I can smoke out intersections, I've spent a lot of time with my EFILive tuner revising tunes to make my truck run as clean as possible. I was thinking we could have a fee that we could pay to be exempt from emissions testing so that those of us who are into the performance side of diesels could still enjoy our sport. In my mind the money would go into a fund that would be used for greenhouse gas reduction causes like planting trees or something. Any thoughts?
You live in Wyoming, what are you worried about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans12v View Post
There are laws almost everywhere about what excessive smoke is. There are also many laws about having you tires hang out from the fender. Few obey either.
Most of it is cops discretion as well. I've been popped for smoke twice, one surprised me and the other I knew was coming.

First my truck hardly smoked at all (seriously) and the cop came flying down a back street easily at 50+ with his siren blaring to stop me. I was shocked when he pulled in behind me...I got a ticket. Stock turbo/injectors and it barely smoked at all even if I tried. Whatever.

Second was with trips and injectors, turned a corner onto the main street and it got caught in that "I should downshift but won't until you put more pedal in it" area that the ECM gets stuck in and is a real bugger sometimes, so of course it lugged and blew smoke and when I pedaled it more to get it to downshift it blew that much more smoke until it shifted and turbos spooled and voila! No more smoke! Saw the cop come through the cloud and simply pulled over on the side street, knew I was busted. I apologized right as he got to the window and told him it had massive injectors and wouldn't downshift and he was cool about it and let me go after checking for warrants.

So goes the difficulties of having a modded truck sometimes.

'07 3500 SRW QC/LB-EFILive w/Silverbullet Tuning-Goerend-WOP triple turbo-200% Exergy-Carli Backcountry

'03 2500 QC/LB. HO/NV-
-HE351v-Southbend-TNT/R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common View Post
Why would you buy a Hellcat for road trips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorSmokPls View Post
Because you can
post #311 of 311 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparProud View Post
You live in Wyoming, what are you worried about?
I have absolutely zero worries when I'm in Wyoming (especially Dubois), I just travel a lot for work and stuff and it would suck to have to borrow a different truck next time I have a job in Cali or something.

I just wish they would leave it alone. I bet less than 5% (making that number up) of new trucks get deleted. There are so few of us on the road they should just leave it alone.

2015 Mega Cab 3500 4x4, 68rfe, 2.5 in. leveling kit, BDS dual steering stabilizer, Method Racing Wheels with 35 in. Terra Grapplers, EFILive by PPEI, Fleece Performance VGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode