Cummins Diesel Forum banner

polishing stainless steel

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  TimReeves 
#1 ·
I bought an 07 megacab about 2 months ago and it has a lot of stainless steel accessories on it. They look pretty nice but they are all tarnished/ very dull looking. I have tried everything to get them to look good again but haven't found anything that will work.
Any advice on how to get it to shine again?

#4 ·
Stainless steel articles look great when they are new. But, later they start looking dull or tarnished. I have experienced this a lot with my stainless steel articles. I usually use Innopolish B520 for cleaning such articles. It is a liquid cleaner that can be used to clean and polish the metal. It works really well and the metal looks new again for quiet a long time.

#15 ·
I have diamond plate running boards down the whole side of my rig I use speedys metal polish goes a long long way. Found mine at the local peterbilt dealer

#17 ·
It's Speedys metal polish. My uncle runs a towing company and has big rigs is how I found it. He was using it to polish the fuel tanks. Bumpers and the rails of his flatbed. The product is a bit pricey 30 bucks or so for a quart but I've done my steps three times and barly used any. I used a power ball on a drill if the steps get real bad. It's quick and easy. It's also used on a friends oil truck. He bought it used and the tank was pretty faded and we hit it with some speedys and it came right back. Id recommend it to anyone. Here's the link THE ORIGINAL SPEEDY METAL POLISH SITE. SPEEDY SHINES ALUMINUM,SILVER,COPPER,BRASS,STAINLESS STEELL, AND ALL OTHER METALS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.