Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Adams vs chemical guys

33K views 46 replies 29 participants last post by  FloridaMegaCab 
#1 ·
Who offers a better product for the price?

#2 ·
IMHO, that usually comes down to whose products you prefer. Most people will pay for the product they want.

I typically really want to know within a "class" of product, for example, whose product performs the best.

Because if I'm gonna take the time to apply a particular product to my huge Ram 3500, again for example, I want to put the best, longest lasting product I can on that truck!!

So I always put performance of the product first.

#3 ·
OK so have you used both companies and an assortment of their products? The reason I ask is that I have not used either company and I feel the need to spend good money on a quality product, however I know that just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's good , and just because something is inexpensive doesn't mean it's junk. I just wanted opinions of guys that have maybe tried both and prefer one over the other

#4 ·
Here is a quote from Adam himself.....

My personal guarantee is this: if you are not exceptionally satisfied with any Adam's Premium Car Care product, I will refund your money, plus 10%. I will also replace the item with a like product of your choice. -Adam Pitale (President & Founder)

So you have nothing to lose trying our products......I think once you give them a try you won't look back!

Adam's New Car Care Products & Specials | Adam's Polishes

#6 ·
Adams has nice detailing stuff but I like the chemical guys wash and foam cannon

#11 ·
i have mostly chemical guys products actually looking at adams polishes page right now comparing chemical guys sealers to adams sealers really contemplating the adams liquid paint sealant kit to give it a try but i will second that i love my cg foam cannon and black light from what ive heard both companies make amazing products and i guess its time to fill my detailing cabinet with more products!

Reactions: jsapp2013
#12 ·
I haven't used Chemical Guys products however I've used a handful of Adams products over the last few months and I can tell you that I'm 100% sold on them. I will be making the full switch over to Adams products as my current products empty. Their H2O Guard and Gloss has got to be one of the best products I've ever used both in how easy it is to use and the results. And I do a lot of detailing work on my own vehicles and friends/family.
Not to mention that Adams has a lot of great video's on YouTube demonstrating their products and showing you exactly how to use them correctly. That's a plus.

#13 ·
Ive tried a lot of different detailing products and I always come back to Adams. Bar none the best company ive used.
Their customer service is unbelievable and their products do an amazing job.

The biggest thing that sets adams apart from chemical guys in my eyes is the simplicity of their line up. Chemical guys has 100 different products that all do the same thing. Adams has a very simple and very effective line of products.
For me that says a lot about the company themselves.

Most high end detailing stuff is going to work really well and cost about the same, so its the little things like product line up organization and customer service that set companies apart.
Adams also does all their product deveopment in house and almost everything on their site is made in the usa.

#14 ·
I pulled the trigger and ordered $200 worth of Adams products and spent 4 hours this weekend washing the truck , washing this truck in the southern California weather is not fun , I went through a whole bottle of detail spray and was still fighting the truck drying the whole time. And to top it all off its supposed to rain tonight... bang head!!!

#16 ·
I never wash my truck in the sun for that reason! its just too damn big to possibly do it without water spots. So Cal problems I guess haha
If I absolutely have to, I try to go one panel at a time.
My favorite time to wash cars is at night since you have all the time in the world before it dries. I just throw up a few work lights and have at it. That, or I just find some shade during the day.

Just as a little tip I've found, its far cheaper to use a diluted rinseless wash mixture than detail spray for that kind of spot clean up and drying aid. You dilute it 16:1 with distilled water as a waterless wash to clean up little spots and streaks, or 64:1 with distilled water as a clay lube. (the 1 part being the rinse less and the 16 or 64 being the water.)

#15 ·
I used chemical guy detailing products and I love them. Especially their trim gel it brought back my door handles and my mirrors on my 06 and the product stays on very well even between washes. Plus I found some pretty good deals on it on amazon

#20 ·
Just did a read of this thread, I may have to give Adam's products a shot! Love stumbling across these types of threads!!!!

#23 ·
They offer us cumminsforum members 10% of as well if you use the code "DIESEL" when you check out :thumbsup:

Also, if you want to learn a TON about detailing, you can join the adamsforums. There is some serious knowledge in there. I know I've learned so much from everyone on that forum!

#21 · (Edited)
+1 for Adams. Awesome products and great customer service. And avvblanc01 is right about the product line. I've searched on chemical guys and they have a bunch of the same products kinda like all other companies. Adams has 1-2 products for each part of detailing and they explain each product very well and the exact way It needs to be applied to get the best out of it.

#25 ·
Some of Chemical Guy's products are ok, some not so much and their customer service sucks, so of the two I would choose Adams. You might also check out AutoGeek.com, Autoality.com & Carpro-usa.com

#26 ·
I use 100% Adams Polishes on my 2010 Camaro 2ss/RS. Its black, and no scratches or swirls in the paint. After watching all the videos Adams has I feel they have taught me many different techniques to add to my cleaning ways. The products are awesome. I do however use Spray away glass cleaner because I feel it does a better job on my tinted windows.

I also use their products on my Ram. The clay bar Adams offers has saved my White Ram due to the rail dust rust problems that arrised after purchase.

#27 ·
I just ordered several items from Adam's Polishes. I've heard good things about both companies, but a lot more positive remarks about Adam's. I was still on the fence because of the price difference but after visiting each of their youtube pages, the decision was easy. Chemical Guys relies on the music, bright colors, fast movements, etc to make their product look good and I catch myself pausing the video to try to catch a good image of the results. Also, the vehicles being treated with CG products in their videos are mazdas, mustangs, camaros, and other various everyday cars. Adam's on the other hand films their videos quietly, their product line is simple, they give very specific examples of what to expect from each product, and they zoom in on the finish to show how well the product is working. Also, in Adam's Polishes videos, the cars receiving product are classic Ferraris, Bentlys, and other high end vehicles; I think this alone speaks volumes for the products.

In conclusion, and from what I can tell before actually using any product yet, CG relies on flashy marketing techniques to sell product and Adam's relies on their materials working the best to sell their product.

#28 ·
I just ordered several items from Adam's Polishes. I've heard good things about both companies, but a lot more positive remarks about Adam's. I was still on the fence because of the price difference but after visiting each of their youtube pages, the decision was easy. Chemical Guys relies on the music, bright colors, fast movements, etc to make their product look good and I catch myself pausing the video to try to catch a good image of the results. Also, the vehicles being treated with CG products in their videos are mazdas, mustangs, camaros, and other various everyday cars. Adam's on the other hand films their videos quietly, their product line is simple, they give very specific examples of what to expect from each product, and they zoom in on the finish to show how well the product is working. Also, in Adam's Polishes videos, the cars receiving product are classic Ferraris, Bentlys, and other high end vehicles.

In conclusion, and from what I can tell before actually using any product yet, CG relies on flashy marketing techniques to sell product and Adam's relies on their materials working the best to sell their product.
When you get your products let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for your business!!

#31 ·
Adams is by far the best product out there. I absolutely will never buy an other product and they make my truck look brand new. Just be careful because your shopping cart adds up quick and its extremely addicting!

Reactions: Adam's Polishes
#35 ·
I've used Adams for years and its the only thing I buy now! Their videos are great and sold me on their products.

My brother just bought some dressing from Chemical Guys. He had an issue with it making streaks from the morning dew. He attempted to contact them on several occasions and they WILL NOT respond to him on advise or even a response. To me (and now him) that's what you get for settling for a cheaper/inferior product. All hype and no customer service!

FWIW: Give the Adams undercarriage spray a try. You will never clean your truck without using it again. Its phenomenal!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Adam's Polishes
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.