Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Waxing my truck..

978 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cheap12v 
#1 ·
Okay so last weekend I went and picked up some wax for my truck. I got meguiars tech wax 2.0 that came with an applicator pad and bought some microfiber towels too. Well it said wax the whole vehicle then remove it. Well I was Leary on that so I done the roof at one time and hood at one time and so on. Well a day later it rained and when it dried there where water spots all on it so I went and rubbed one to remove it but it smeared like it took off the wax too. So I went and washed the truck and the smears were gone so now I'm thinking that all my wax is now washed off??

#3 ·
Meguiars is good stuff but I have never used there 2.0 wax. I use zymol.. very expensive but it is truley the bee's knee's IMO any way. Last a long time and water will still bead off after 10+ washes.

#4 ·
Yeah my truck is no show quality paint but want to keep it protected and nice as long as I can. Any wax you recommend that I can get at a local auto store?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.