Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Garmon and Buchanan win at the Rock

892 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R-N-R 
#1 ·
Jeff Garmon would take the points lead with his win at Rockingham in the Airwerks Unlimited Street class and Brian Buchanan would capture the win in both ET Bracket and Quick Diesel classes.

Jeff Garmon would defeat Jess Spruill in the final round in a class separated by less than .02 seconds. Garmon would take a .01 starting line advantage and a .01 second quicker ET to win a close race against Spruill. Semi finalists John Porterfield and Tim Barber made this a competitive class which entertained the fans in the stands.

Brian Buchanan of Rockinham event sponsor Bucks Communication would capture a win in ET Bracket by defeating Phil McMaster in the final round. Making it through a competitive field into the semi round were drivers Dustin Mintern and Gus Farmer.

Buchanan would also win the Quick Diesel class defeating Mike Dolan in the final round. Semi finalist Ty Maitland would make the semi final round, only to be on the losing side of a photo finish. Buchanan would defeat Maitland by .019 seconds.

The Rock track owner Steve Earwood commented "this was the best diesel crowd yet" and I agree. A decent crowd in the stands watched as nearly 30 racers battled it out for 4 hours. Thanks should go out to DTR Chapter NC18 for helping NADM with the event and showing up in force.

NADM would like to thank event sponsors Bucks Communication, Super Chips, and Turbo Diesel and Electric along with NADM season sponsors, HushPower Mufflers, AirWerks, DI Pricol, Pure Diesel Power, Industrial Injection, Optima Batteries, Southbend Clutch, Diesel Rx, DP Tuner, TM Performance Products, Diesel World Magazine, Dynomite Diesel, AirDog Fuel Preporator, Power Hungry Performance, Fluidampr, High Tech Turbo, New Era Diesel Performance, Innovative Customs, and Citadel Insurance Services for their continued support. Please thank our sponsors and support them, as they are supporting you.

Finally, NADM would like to thank Mike and Robin Batterson for helping with event registration and set-up. :beer

Thanks to everyone that came out, I hope you had as much fun as I did. :thumbsup

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.