EPA Has Suspected FCA Of Emissions Cheating Since 2015 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Cummins Forum News News and CF Staff Updates to the Members. Plans, site changes, things to look forward to, etc. Only staff may start new threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
EPA Has Suspected FCA Of Emissions Cheating Since 2015

<span lang="EN-US">The Environmental Protection Agency first began to suspect Fiat Chrysler of using an illegal emissions control device on its EcoDiesel V6 engine back in 2015, it has been revealed.
According to emails obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, EPA regulators first approached FCA about its alleged use of an emissions control device in November of 2015. One of the emails, sent by EPA director Byron Bunker in January of 2016, said how the agency was “very concerned about the unacceptably slow pace” of FCA to address the high nitrogen oxide levels produced by its 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine.</span>

<span lang="EN-US">Read more about the FCA at AutoGuide.com.</span>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
I am not shocked at this- using the VM 3.0 was a mistake in my opinion.

2008 3500 Heavy Duty, QCLB, SRW 4X4, Laramie, Mag Hytec T Pan, and ARP 2000 H.S., AutoMeter 2" Trans Temp, EGT, and Boost Gauges, RevMax 550; GDP Mega Flo S2, Air Boss & Mega Flo T.V.G.H, Banks C.A.C; 93 W250 CCLB LE A518, Diamond Eye 4 TBE, Rancho's
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Yep. I've got many Nissans with the 5.0 Cummins in my area. A guy flew past me with a sizable boat the other day. Clean truck.

'07 2500 SLT,5.9,Regcab.,G-56,4wd,Northstar TC800 popup 24/7. SBC OKHD. Nitto ExoGrapplers. Dynatrac freespins and bj's. Synergy HD steering. Suspension mutt courtesy of Kore, Carli and Thuren.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode