1997 F350 12v swap with zf5 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Cummins Conversions - Shop Talk - Tools - Fabrication
Cummins Conversions - Shop Talk - Tools - Fabrication Discussion Of Cummins Conversion Projects, Tools , Tool Boxes , Garages , Shops , Fabrication ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1997 F350 12v swap with zf5

Im planing my fummins, i have a 1997 f 350 powerstroke with a 5speed, the motor is a 2005 p pump re-con motor with 90k, out of a medium duty ups truck, now I'd like all the help I can get but i have a few questions:

1.pan direction/ pick-updirection? sump is under the front of the motor now
2.alternator? the engine came with a nice serp set up, with a big denso alternator is this something I can use?
3.manifold? the manifold is different than a 94-98 era manifold, it has the trubo farther back and tucked under the manifold I can see the obvious fitment advantage
4.intercooler? whats the best intercooler to fit this style ford and to aid with the intercooler pipe fitment? i plan on fabing my own pipes
5.the re con motor is awesome, i've found many advantages to this motor: cummins re-man turbo,cummins re-man p pump,cummins re-con kdp fix, oil fill cap valve cover
6.any help with puting a cummins in this style ford would be awesome and any info on the re-con and the cummins would also be great
-Thanks josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

anybody have a 90s era swaped ford?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f350fummins View Post
anybody have a 90s era swaped ford?
Their are several build threads on here, I would do some variations on a ford search to try and find them. I am getting towards the end of my build. The ones i can think of off the top of my head are from offroad addiction, eathansfordcummins, ncovey, and i know i've seen lot's more. It's all very interesting reading. There are several different approaches to each hurdle of the process. Good luck on your build. Please post on your build as you go also.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
1) sump in rear.
2) I am sure that it will work. If the belt setup works, I would think that getting the electrical to work would be easier than building mounts for a different alt.
3) Great! The Dodge style manifold interferes w/ heater box.
4) The Ford 7.3l stock intercooler fits well with the OBS trucks. Intercoolers out of similar years F600-F800 work as well.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks and do you guys have any links to ther builds? And I'll post pics soon just waiting for a good camera to work
Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f350fummins View Post
Thanks and do you guys have any links to ther builds? And I'll post pics soon just waiting for a good camera to work
Just scroll through the conversions section. Most of the ones mentioned by Johnny are a few pages back. There's a lot of good stuff here.

Good luck
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.