Advance adapters nv4500 swap - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Cummins Conversions - Shop Talk - Tools - Fabrication
Cummins Conversions - Shop Talk - Tools - Fabrication Discussion Of Cummins Conversion Projects, Tools , Tool Boxes , Garages , Shops , Fabrication ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Advance adapters nv4500 swap

Hey,

I think I am going to go with the advance adapters bellhousing for my nv4500 swap behind my 1st gen 12v. It is both easier for me to find, and also probably cheaper than using the 2nd gen parts...

My question is, will it be a problem then to use the dodge hydraulics? I don't have my ford in the garage yet and it's -33 outside so I aint crawling underneath it to see where the ford slave is mounted haha. I'm just wondering how hard it will be to mount the dodge slave.
SlowKrawl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I'm assuming the truck in your avatar is the truck that's getting the swap? If so, It's no problem at all. I used the Ford master cylinder and line, and used the Dodge slave cylinder and it works perfectly.
'96 F250 SuperCab w/ '94 6BTA S362/S480 compounds, A1studs, 5x.014's, 191's, 2095 plug, AFC mods, no plate, 4KGSK, Airdog 150, 60lb valve springs, 18*, Banks Techni-cooler, NV4500, KDP tab'd, Valair clutch, BD exh brake, 572hp/1103tq @ATS Diesel, Denver, CO 3-3-12
12VF250 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Hmm, I thought I updated my sig...Apparently not. But yes that's the truck. Thank you for the input!

Edit: Weird, I guess the sig only works on posts since I updated the sig...
Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12VF250 View Post
I'm assuming the truck in your avatar is the truck that's getting the swap? If so, It's no problem at all. I used the Ford master cylinder and line, and used the Dodge slave cylinder and it works perfectly.
sorry for bringing this back from the dead but my 92 f350 cummins conversion also got the advance adapters nv4500 swap, and I bought a new first gen slave cylinder and hooked it to my ford master and I either couldn't get it bled or it didn't have enough fluid displacement for the slave. Wondering if you had this problem or if you used a newer slave?
F350Fummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350Fummins View Post
sorry for bringing this back from the dead but my 92 f350 cummins conversion also got the advance adapters nv4500 swap, and I bought a new first gen slave cylinder and hooked it to my ford master and I either couldn't get it bled or it didn't have enough fluid displacement for the slave. Wondering if you had this problem or if you used a newer slave?

I used the newer second gen slave. I'm not sure, but it sounds like your bore sizes between the master and slave are different. They need to be the same, or damn close. Napa or someone like that should be able to tell you what the bore sizes are for the 1st gen and 2nd gen slaves. To hook the 2nd gen slave to the Ford line, you will have to open up the hole in the slave where the metal end of the line goes into it. Also, there may be a bore size difference between your 92 master, and my 96.
'96 F250 SuperCab w/ '94 6BTA S362/S480 compounds, A1studs, 5x.014's, 191's, 2095 plug, AFC mods, no plate, 4KGSK, Airdog 150, 60lb valve springs, 18*, Banks Techni-cooler, NV4500, KDP tab'd, Valair clutch, BD exh brake, 572hp/1103tq @ATS Diesel, Denver, CO 3-3-12
12VF250 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.