4bt inline/rotary pump - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Cummins Conversions - Shop Talk - Tools - Fabrication
Cummins Conversions - Shop Talk - Tools - Fabrication Discussion Of Cummins Conversion Projects, Tools , Tool Boxes , Garages , Shops , Fabrication ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
4bt inline/rotary pump

hey when I look around for 4bt engines or trucks all I find are the rotary pumps, where do I find an inline pump? is there anything else different between the two engines? cylinder head, exhaust manifold....
jon96ctd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Noticed no love on this post. I have been looking as well (not real hard though) and they are tough to find. Found a guy that said he would be able to track one down probably but that they usually ran 2K. OUCH!!! I find that hard to beleive though. I think after some time I would be bound to find one.

For what I would like to do with my truck the Mech pump would be fine I guess (heard of 325HP) but I would much rather go with the inline. If you want to make as much as possible out of the engine it is obviously the weakest link and the place to start.

I've been trying to look in China for an inline (but haven't gotten a response so i will try again) I know they make them for the 6BT but not sure about the4BT. Problem is usually when ordering stuff from china they have a min buy which on something like this is usually around 50 and an absolute min and they are a smaller mfg company.
Happy PSD Owner. Will Keep as my trusty work truck. Just made the deal and the 56 will be in my garage Dec 2nd. Then it is time to disassemble and find a p-pumped 4BT see how she will fit in her new home.
addicted56 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'm curious to know how much cummins would want for one...can't imagine it being at all affordable.
jon96ctd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I would look harder in the US for an engine with an inline pump. I know for a fact that they made them-I've seen them in equipment made by Case. In fact, I had a buddy that works at a Case dealer price me a rebuilt engine, and it was about $2k. I'd rather do that or deal with a rotary pump than send yet MORE of our money to china for stuff of questionable quality. Hell, I'd rather keep the dollars in the US even if the stuff from china was of known good quality.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Another thing-if you're willing to settle for a rotary pump, look for chevy stepvans on ebay. One not too far from me sold for about $1800 recently. That was THE WHOLE RUNNING TRUCK, including the diesel spec chevy turbo 400 trans and the adapter between the engine and trans. Just that adapter sometimes sells for $400 complete.

Who knows, you might even get lucky and find one new enough to have a p pump. From what I can see, the 4bt's switched to the p pump at about the same time as the 5.9's did.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree keep the money here, but fact is I just haven't been able to find one. I also meant that the pump itself was around 2K that is without the engine.

But agree I think I should be able to find one here. I can find an engine no problem they are available up the wazoo. Might have to ask your freind if he knows of any pumps laying around.
Happy PSD Owner. Will Keep as my trusty work truck. Just made the deal and the 56 will be in my garage Dec 2nd. Then it is time to disassemble and find a p-pumped 4BT see how she will fit in her new home.
addicted56 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.