Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Pics of 35's on Dually

95K views 54 replies 26 participants last post by  policky98 
#1 ·
Ok guys I couldn't find any threads specifically on duallys with 35 inch tires. If there is feel free to point me in the right direction but until then I am lookin at putting Toyo open country M/T 35x12.50x17 on my stock rims. I will be putting a leveling kit or lift kit on eventually but not right away. So basically I want to see some duallys with 35 inch tires on them, I don't care if they are toyo or not or if you have a lift or leveling kit or stock. I just want to see the different set ups with them and see what I like and triple check I like the looks of the 35 inch tires on dually before I drop $2200 on 6 new tires.

Thanks guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Oh, you're going to like the 35s. I think the only questionable thing is the amount the rears stick out past the fenders. They will throw a lot of crap on the side of your truck. Don't know if the OPP will hassle you about that. If you are ok with the KM2s, the 255/80R17 size would be an option. Cooper is supposed to be releasing the new STmaxx in this size soon.

All of that is well and good, but the Toyo MT is still by far my favorite tire ever!

#3 ·
Where's the pics? I've been thinking of going the same way. Was hoping it would even out the 4.10 gearing. I'm at about 62 MPH on the highway at 1950 rpm's.

#5 ·
Are you planning on spacers?? I've been thinking 19.5x6.75/70/265 which are just under 35. 285s need wider rims 7.5 but are 35.5 ish. Either way it seems spacers are needed to make 35s work.
I'm just not sure on spacers in general. I've heard yes and no... What do you folks say?

#6 ·
Thanks for the heads up Redthies.

12ftFlatbed, im gunna be runnin 2 inch spacers as I got them just yesterday. I should hopefully be ordering my tires in about 2 weeks. I will deffinetly be putting some pics up when I do as apparently no one else is lol.

Reactions: 12ftFlatbed
#8 ·
Nice truck 1985mustanggt.

I ended up ordering new Fuel Throttle wheels today. Had a good deal on them at the megaspeed car show today.

#14 ·
Good deal , thanks

#15 ·
Ordered the toyo's and will be goin on the truck Saturday. I hope the 2 inch spacers will be good.

#16 ·
Got the tires put on today. Deffinetly happy with the looks and driving.

Anyways heres some pics.

They looks bigger in person.

#17 ·
35's with shaved semi wheels. Have to get the spikes and centercaps on it. Also have to clean it.

#20 ·
Love em. Toyed with 17" rockstars and the American 20's but I found a guy that was really reasonable and just pulled the strings on it. Got my stock leafs in tonight and got it leveled out.

Your truck looks really good also. I'm gonna do all the black lights and stuff in time. Gotta love them white duallys.

Reactions: Ram-it32
#21 ·
Got a question for ya. What gears do you have? What are your rpms at around 70mph? I'm at about 1700 with the 3.73 gears.

#22 ·
Mine has the 3.73 aswell, runs about the same rpm too. Same gears and same size tires so should be about same, I like it better than the stock tires cuz I run at lower rpm cruising down the highway. Since you got the black rims, all the back light would really look sharp on ur truck.

#23 ·
I was wondering bout that. Gettng bout 15mpg on the highway and bout 11mpg in town. Thanks.

#26 · (Edited)
How many of you 35" guys are running them on stock 6" rims? I have 255/85R16s, and they seem to be bulging a bit. 35s might be sketchy, no?

#27 ·
Mine are on the stock rims right now. I've had no issues, I've towed my 9000 pound boat with no problem, not huge weight for the truck but the tires didn't even squat at all.

#30 ·
Nice I heard that plasti dipp holds up pretty good one of my buddys did that to the wheels on his car and hasnt started to peal up or anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.