C&C truck sleeper cabs - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > C&C / DRW
C&C / DRW Discussion of the Cab & Chassis and Dual Rear Wheel trucks.

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
C&C truck sleeper cabs

I seen a new dodge 5500 hotshot hauler the other day, had a sleeper cab on his truck, anyone know if there's a company that makes dot spec sleeper boxes that bolt on. This one looked like it was factory done didn't look home made. If it was home made thumbs to that guy for the out come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Cowtown makes one.

Cowtown Sleepers The best tops for your pickup

Other than that it's usually mod a 36" semi bunk and use it. Or if you want to spend some serious cash you can go to AA or Roadmaster and have them do one.

http://www.aatrucksleeper.com/

http://roadmastertruck.com/

This is one nice looking truck, it actually ended up on ebay pretty beat about a year ago. The dealer said it was a repo.

Last edited by haulin-rv; 05-01-2011 at 10:37 AM.
haulin-rv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Thank you, I have contacted both on making a custom sleeper box for my 2001 hauler.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I also found roadmaster, witch they can streatch my truck and put a full sized sleeper cab on and still have my 8 foot bed open for hauling. Pretty much I'm turning my 2001 3500 DRW into a mini OTR hauler.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

If you need a frame stretch look up Sellers Mfg in Milton, In. They do good work (they did all the frames for Double Eagle), and affordable. They are going to do one for me, 60" $1300. That's you pulling the bed.

As far as Roadmaster goes he doesn't do the frames himself, he sends them out like most sleeper builders. The Roadmaster is a nice sleeper, I had one on a previous truck.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
if anyone needs a 36" semi sleeper I have one for sale
Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Yeah I'll look into that frame guy you said, from the info pack and photos I got the roadmaster is the one I'm going with, nice and big with lots of room. Now all I need is to get me a spare truck to haul with when go get this all done. I'm looking by this time next year to get this done, and then get the complete truck covered up with a body wrap. Going to look nice when I'm done.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPERS4U View Post
if anyone needs a 36" semi sleeper I have one for sale
If you were only closer! I saw it listed over on the hot shot forum the other day.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy81304 View Post
Yeah I'll look into that frame guy you said, from the info pack and photos I got the roadmaster is the one I'm going with, nice and big with lots of room. Now all I need is to get me a spare truck to haul with when go get this all done. I'm looking by this time next year to get this done, and then get the complete truck covered up with a body wrap. Going to look nice when I'm done.
Frame shop will take just over a week. And the guys at roadmaster can have it pretty much complete by time you get there (as long as you send a deposit). So somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks total time should cover it.

Mine is going under the knife late July early August while I am on vacation, then I figure a week when I get back to install the sleeper and finish it up (doing it myself).
Old 05-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

sounds good, right now i been too busy to let my truck go for 3 weeks. I'm looking at maybe this time next yr getting it done, as right now with my new contract job, im pretty much running 6 days a week, and resting 1 day and in that day im cleaning my truck, and maintaining it. right now im home pretty much every night, good thing too I hate sleeping in a quad cab. and DOT really dont like u sleeping in a pick-up cab hooked to a load at a rest area... my gig now is pretty much 500 miles aday, I been hauling large A/C units to a new warehouse jobsite, and bringing loads of PVC pipe, and picking up stacks of empty pallets and taken them back to another shipper. its money but its long days. after this is done, im going back to hauling, boats, RV's and what ever i can take on my 40ft lowboy. no Vacation this yr, got to save to get this truck done the way i want it to be, the sleeper box, thinking of adding a second roller axle, pretty much a dana 80 with no gears in it, but working brakes unless i can get a transfer box setup to be able to lock it in when needed as a second drive axle. once sleeper cab is on no more BED. going to put a thick deck plate under my 5th/gooseneck rails. ok its turning into a MINI dodge semi truck. lol.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin-rv View Post
Frame shop will take just over a week. And the guys at roadmaster can have it pretty much complete by time you get there (as long as you send a deposit). So somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks total time should cover it.

Mine is going under the knife late July early August while I am on vacation, then I figure a week when I get back to install the sleeper and finish it up (doing it myself).
can't wait to see pics of that Haulin I have been suprised I have only had 1 call
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
L-I-V-I-N

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
If Cowtown sleepers is the location in Ft Worth, TX I would be really cautious sending them any kind of deposit. They have been having some serious money issues over the last couple of years.

08 QC 3500 dually 4x4/leveled/35" Cooper STT's/Rockstars/JTS Venom hood/2 1/2 rear spacers/replacement bumpers/LightForce 240 Blitz's/
Recons/4" TBE/Bully Dog PMT and Smarty S67ME/ARE fiberglass toneau cover/Go Rhino steps/Nathan Airchime P3's

12 CC Laramie Longhorn 2500 4x4...Unmolested
N Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.