best and worst gas stations to fill up at - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > British Columbia
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
best and worst gas stations to fill up at

fueled up the other day at the esso on 152st and 104ave in surrey and im sure i got some bad fuel, it sounded like i was going to throw an injector right out of the block an then a few days latter i filled up again in langley and the motor sounded normal again,

so im wondering with the summer coming if any one has and idea on stations to stay a way from and stations that you have had good luck with also i would like to hear from some of you guys up in the interior to, as lots travel back and forth
carson b is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

i think its just luck of the draw man.....probably just got unlucky. I'm sure any station could get a batch of bad fuel, but all fuel has to meet the same standards. I'd say just stay away from the greasy looking no name stations, but anything like chevron/shell/petro can/husky should be fine.

I always go to the station with the best looking girls
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 4k GSK, Racked Barrels , 5x.014's,20*,AFC Mods,S400 71/83/.9 ,ARP 12mm studs,5" exhaust,TCS Triple Disk,DTS Tranny,Flex-a-lite fans, LFP9750 oil bypass 13.4@103mph ... I WANNA GO FAST
Deanson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I only fill @ petro. But I'm sure any station could get a bad batch.
07.5,3500,6.7,dpf delete,5 inch TBE,egr/cooler delete,ccv delete,Cold air intake,Blow off valve,BLACK MAXX,hot damm 175,8 inch tuff country lift,on 37's,Bushwacker ff,Bd sbb,Carlie bj's,track bar & steering stabalizer, fs hubs.Built 68rfe with all the goodies,triple disk torque converter,H&S overdrive software.Remote air ride.4x mx race quads. 27f toy hauler Rv.12,Chrysler 200 ltd
Tye 6.7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I fill up at Paz Fuels in Aldergrove/Abbotsford! Been using them for 2 years now with no problems, However they deal in large volume (8) pumps dedicated to diesel only and not mixed in with the gas pumps, lots of big trucks fuel up there.

I would say that any station that has a large volume sales of diesel should be safe! But any station could get a bad batch of fuel! Best guarantee against fuel contamination would be good fuel filtration I suppose!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

when i lived in aldergrove i always fueled up at paz, which was for about 4 yrs and never had any problems
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 4k GSK, Racked Barrels , 5x.014's,20*,AFC Mods,S400 71/83/.9 ,ARP 12mm studs,5" exhaust,TCS Triple Disk,DTS Tranny,Flex-a-lite fans, LFP9750 oil bypass 13.4@103mph ... I WANNA GO FAST
Deanson is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Ya i guess i could get bad fuel any where but iv also heard guys say that there motors seem to run nicer on husky and petrocan?? And i also tend to go to stations that have good looking girls lol just dont tell my gf
carson b is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

best place to buy fuel is at a busy station (IE petro on whatcom )cause the fuel never sits long in there tanks, my 2cents
05.3500 hamliton push rod,colt cams stage 4, flux 5.1,htt 64-s480,p/p head,zz fab side intake, polish&blance crank and rods,12v rods, fire ring block&head,ats twincp3,twin AD150,opie bypass,valair triple disk,arp 625's, bd intercooler 855HP FUEL ONLY
bigorange is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Some of small sation use same fuel as the big company. Chevron use their own truck, trailer to off load. others sell out contracts to trucking Co. to deliver fuel to the stations. We build & repair fuel truck & trailers. usually I go to Paz.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I try to go to Chevron as much as I can because they refine it locally, less chance of picking up "crap" in a 1000km pipeline from Edmonton. There's a local tip for ya.
BC-12Valve is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

I vote for paz when I am on the coast. Superstore elsewhere because they give 3.5 cents back on each liter.
RegCab is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

When I am down at the coast it is the Otter Co-Op on the Fraser highway, I n Grand Forks it is Extra Foods. Both are very busy so no stale fuel.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I love the flying J in Chilliwack because it only takes about 30 seconds to fill the truck. High volume pumps rock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.