Megacab paint job cost - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > Auto Body
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Megacab paint job cost

Had some body work done on my black mega. Bodywork is ok but the painting was pretty bad. I am thinking of having the whole truck painted at a local shop, and I will be getting prices but I was just wondering if anyone here had a truck painted, the quality, and how much it cost? I am not planning on doing all of the door jambs, underhood, etc... just trying to get an idea.
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

i would charge around 5K to paint it in my shop, of course the price goes up if i have to fix other peoples mess ups. But just a paintjob would start there. hope this helps ya.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
i know its not a mega, but just for .02..before deciding my last decision a really good paint shop wanted 4k for mine, its a quad cab short bed with everything color keyed
99 Sport. BHAF. 4"TB into 7"ss Mitres. BD Sponge. BD Boost Builder. Custom Wastegate Elbow. FASS HD Titanium. ARP Studs. FireRings. ReWorked Head. C.D 100 Stix. ATS Intake. Smoked Lights Allround. Projector Angels. Leveling Kit.
NightMare99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneck84 View Post
i would charge around 5K to paint it in my shop, of course the price goes up if i have to fix other peoples mess ups. But just a paintjob would start there. hope this helps ya.
Is that just a repaint or complete bodywork and paint?

I know myself I would not touch a vehicle withought knowing whats going on underneath that paint. Because we all know who's going to have the finger pointed at if or when something goes wrong down the road.
Custom crew cab by me, DTT transmission internals,DB 48re single disk converter, Airdog 150, KDP tabed,ARP head studs, DDP stage 2 injectors, 100 plate, custom AFC, 60# valves springs, colt stage 3 big stick, 4k gsk, BD Super B, BD 3PC exhaust manifold, silverline 4" SS downpipe, 4" magnaflow exhaust with MBRP muffler, amsoil eaau4510 air filter, Custom front and rear bumpers by me, Autometer gauges, Toyo AT2's on 20x10 fuel hostage, custom 2" body lift, custom control arms, custom trac bar and bracket.
stephaner142 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

that is just a paint job. It would include removal of any small scratches or chips, but not any major body work.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Didn't realize it was that much now, I guess I've been out of it for to long lol,
Custom crew cab by me, DTT transmission internals,DB 48re single disk converter, Airdog 150, KDP tabed,ARP head studs, DDP stage 2 injectors, 100 plate, custom AFC, 60# valves springs, colt stage 3 big stick, 4k gsk, BD Super B, BD 3PC exhaust manifold, silverline 4" SS downpipe, 4" magnaflow exhaust with MBRP muffler, amsoil eaau4510 air filter, Custom front and rear bumpers by me, Autometer gauges, Toyo AT2's on 20x10 fuel hostage, custom 2" body lift, custom control arms, custom trac bar and bracket.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I just painted my mega and I put about $2k into materials alone. This was all top of the line PPG material though. I'd say at least $5k for a good job, up to $8k for a fantastic job...and maybe more depending on how much prep work is involved. I sanded my whole truck down, pulled and bondo'd, primed, sanded, primed, sanded, primed, sanded, base coat, clear, clear, clear, clear, clear. I had to fix a lot of previous body work that was done very poorly.
'06 5.9 Mega w/ 90k, 5" TBE, AEM Bruteforce, Sonnax: accumulator, servo, and detent, BW solenoid, GDP 2 mic kit, MK VIII e-fan, MAD Enterprise e-fan controller, 2" level, BD Track Bar, box stabilizer, H2's, 315/70 AT Revo 2, Trinity.
SHOKDU is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

My mega just got keyed from headlight to tail light on both sides. The estimate I got from my uncle was 9700 for a complete paint job front to back. I drop it off Saturday to get started. (Insurance paid for it)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

9700 sounds insane. Maybe through insurance. If you go back with the same color, without doing doorjambs, behind lights, etc... I really can't see how it can go over 3 or 4,000 if there is no body work needed.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom415 View Post
My mega just got keyed from headlight to tail light on both sides. The estimate I got from my uncle was 9700 for a complete paint job front to back. I drop it off Saturday to get started. (Insurance paid for it)
This is why our Insurance rates are so high, $9700 for paint is crazy. Around here your typical bodywork and paint goes around $4 to $5 grand.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Body labor is 48.7 hours@ $89/hrs $4334.30
Paint labor is 32 hours@ $89/hrs $2884.00
Clear coat labor 6.3 hours@ $89/hrs $560.70
Oem parts $334.50
Paint supplies 32 hours@ $40/hrs $1280
Clear coat 6.3 hours@ $40/hrs $252
Misc taxed $22
Misc non taxed $5
Tax 1888.50 @ 7.2500% $136.92
Grand total=9773.42

All the labor hours are generated from a computer program that says how much labor is involved in painted every individual panel of the entire truck. My estimate is 3 pages long this ^^ is just the end summery of everything
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

If your truck got keyed why is there body labour in there. All they'll do is sand down the scratch's to bare metal, prime and paint. There shouldn't be over a weeks worth of body labour in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.