Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2005 RAM glassed fenders and SSK hood lowered on 37s.

11K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  ASHMAN 
#1 ·
Added more glass to the dodge over the weekend. Had the fiberworx fenders front and rear for about year but added the AIT SSK scooped hood, grill and removed the 4in lift and lowered the rear another 1.5in on 37s.

I left the lift kit arms on it so the tires hit the front bumper. I could have trimmed it easily but would rather sell it and build a tube bumper next weekend.

Eventually I want to paint it gunmetal matte finish but other project seam to always pull priority.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Man I have been looking and looking at that hood. I wanted a JTS Venom hood but they still aren't producing them. How is the quality of it and did it take much work to get it ready for paint? Sweet looking truck though!

#5 ·
Not worried about rain, the scoop directs air close to my aftermarket air box but its not like it will dump water right into the intake.

The Hood finish was very good. I did have to loosen both fenders to get a reasonable gap and trimmed the fender some more by the cowl. A body work guy might want to fine tune it some more before paint.

The truck is still white gelcoat not painted yet. eventually I want to do a metallic gun metal flat. I think I want to do bedliner on the inner fenders front and rear to protect the glass from rocks. And want to finish planned fab projects before paint.

Finished the front bumper:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...hmans-prerunner-bumper-build-amazeballzz.html

Need to build a rear bumper. Some day I plan to bag it, full air ride. But our other off road toys tend to need repairs or other upgrades that take away from Dodge time.

#7 ·
Nice work...always loved the glass fenders, just never cared for the crap job they did on the wheel openings.

#8 ·
Finished the body prep

I cut the front fender kick panel deeper and made a new fiberglass lip.

I built an aluminum bed rail cap to protect the bed sides and to give you a good handle to grab when climbing in the bed from the tire.
I used JB weld at the seam because I dont have a spool gun or tig for aluminum.
5 tabs welded to the inner bed hold the rail and sandwich the bed sides. its really solid.

Also cleaned up the tailgate corners of the bed sides filled the gaping hole with kitty hair.

Now its ready for paint.

#14 ·
Really nice job.
Your truck looks great.
The bed liner really provides a nice contrast too.

#16 ·
Love it !

My only other personal preference would be black mirrors.
Your looks good, but i like how they disappear into the windows when tinted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.