Wanna paint my window vent visors - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > General Forums > Auto Body
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Wanna paint my window vent visors

I have seen vent visors painted to match the trucks. What I was wondering is: can I use the duplicolor aresol can of bright white from Auto Zone or O'Riley's to come close to matching the color of my 07white truck? Has anybody used the duplicolor dodge/chrysler bright white for any matching purposes and have ya had satisfactory results? Thanks for any help here.
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

You will need a plastics adhesion promoter. The rattle can white might be close, I would just have a shop do them.
Y2K | NV4500 | NP241DHD | BHAF w/ prefilter | BD Wastegate | Edge Juice With CS Monitor | AirDog II | Dana 80 | Valair Clutch 500/1000 | NC4WD Flat Bed | GM Wheel Cylinders | 3rd Gen Wheels | 3rd Gen Front Brakes | Super HD Track Bar | Skyjacker Rear Springs | NC4WD Pre-Runner Bumper | Bilstein 5100's Front / 7100's Rear | 6" Grand Rock Stack | 35" KM2's | Amsoil Bypass Filter | North Country Rock Sliders | Cummins Coolant Filter | Lots of Ballistic Fabrication Parts | T-Style HD Tie Rod| Heavy 2 Stroke Diet | Updated 5th Gear Nut | Puke Bottle Delete | DSS Steering Stabilizer | Heavy Duty Lower Control Arms
NC4WD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

take the paint code to a automotive paint shop have them mix it and put it in to a paint can get some adhesion promoter and some rattle can clear and paint away wash with hot soapy water
mopi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I got mine painted to match the truck. A body shop did it while i was getting some work done. They said they put some other stuff in the paint because at hiway speeds they can flex and may crack the paint. I love the way it looks. Nice and clean.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I had mine too. Goo to realtruck.com and order the window visors from them that are an exact paint match. Just got mine last week and put them on and dam do they look good!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

if you dont want to go to the cost of having a paint shop do this for you here is what you do.

if you buy the duplicolor paint.
spray a test panel - use piece of scrap or something you dont care about, when its dried
put it next to your truck see if its a match.
Clean vent good with soap and water.
Use a scotchbrite pad (red) scuff vent
clean with a prep solvent ( nothing to agressive as it will melt the plastic
spray a DUST coat of self etching primer. you do not need to go heavy with this
self etch primer will allow paint to adhere to vent. and a dust coat is
you need
Spray your paint - 1st coat i would spray light (i call this a tack coat) then go back with
two medium coats

Hope this helps
zenkstow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I would use plastic adhesion promoter and a flex agent,you can get the adhesion promoter in a spray bomb at any auto paint supply the flex agent you usually add to your paint or I think you can get flex bumper paint that can cover all the bases.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.