Supply Pump for 12V - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Alternative Fuels, Additives, Oils & Lubricants
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Supply Pump for 12V

hey Guys
Building a 2 tank veggy system to run WVO in my 96 12 valve. I'll have a HIH fuel line, heated fuel filter & a hot stick pickup etc. What are you guys using as a supply pump for this?

liteweight
96 4X4 2500,KDP,16.5*,40hp injectors,boost elbow,3K,ground plate to 0,AFC mods,5" exh.BD pressure loc kit,lock up switch,low stall,Rebuilt trans.all billet Boost,Pyro & Trans. gauges,rear air bags,3.54's, 315/70/16's
liteweight is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
try this pump:
Electric Fuel Lift Pump [1130500] - $289.99 : Pacific Performance Engineering, Innovations in Diesel Performance

Or this one
PureFlow Airdog Universal Raptor Pump

Or this one which I intitally tried. Was told it was bullet proof and lasted me only a couple of weeks but then again I have terrible luck so to be expected.
Walbro FRB-5 Industrial Fuel Pump from Fuel-Pumps.net

The first two are rotary vane pumps and the last one is a piston pump. rotary vanes will be less likely to bog down if the fuel jells up but have the potential to cause dissolved air.
93 W250 LE Club Cab, AT, 3.91 Sure Grip, DE 4"exh, Cooler Tubz, BHAF, Gauges, POD's, M&H timing spacer, Gillette Diesel fuel pin & 60cm compressor, Star wheel turned, Power screw maxed, KDP and case bolts fixed, WVO conversion, Skyjacker, Rancho's

Last edited by Dieselluvr; 12-22-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Dieselluvr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

thanx Dieselluver.
The PPE & Walbro do not have the pressure needed by the P7100 pump at 17 psi min. pressure. From what I understand, these P7100 pumps like presures around 30psi.
I don't know if anyone modifies a Air Dog or FASS for use with WVO- ie: Viton seals, but they sure are expensive & I 've read there's reliability issues with them.
i'm hoping to find a WVO compatable pump that can be purchased for less than the Air Dog or FASS @ $400.00
I have most of the conversion stuff now for my truck including a 60 gallon alluminum tank, hot stick, heated filter, & heaters for the injection lines. just need a pump,HIH, & solenoids now.
I've been running my cold upflow settling system now for over a month & it's working out real well yielding me about 90 gallons of clean, dewatered WVO a week.

liteweight
96 4X4 2500,KDP,16.5*,40hp injectors,boost elbow,3K,ground plate to 0,AFC mods,5" exh.BD pressure loc kit,lock up switch,low stall,Rebuilt trans.all billet Boost,Pyro & Trans. gauges,rear air bags,3.54's, 315/70/16's
Old 12-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

FASS uses viton o-rings and seals in all of our systems.
FASS Jeff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Jeff
What would your recommendation for my application be??

liteweight
Old 12-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I suggest using part number FA D11 090G for your application.
FASS Jeff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteweight View Post
The PPE & Walbro do not have the pressure needed by the P7100 pump at 17 psi min. pressure. From what I understand, these P7100 pumps like presures around 30psi.
I don't know if anyone modifies a Air Dog or FASS for use with WVO- ie: Viton seals, but they sure are expensive & I 've read there's reliability issues with them.
Oops, I'm bad. The Raptor pump I gave you a link for is specifically designed for WVO. It's rated at 35 psi. Plus I don't see why WVO would need special seals anyways as it's not corrosive and has no solvency at all unlike diesel, biodiesel and gasolene. I use a 3gpm 12v fresh water pump made by Sureflow to transfer WVO from tank to tank and I think it has just a plain ol rubber diaphram. In fact I was gonna use it on my truck as a WVO fuel pump but I have a 1st gen and anything over 15psi with them is supposed to be too much.
93 W250 LE Club Cab, AT, 3.91 Sure Grip, DE 4"exh, Cooler Tubz, BHAF, Gauges, POD's, M&H timing spacer, Gillette Diesel fuel pin & 60cm compressor, Star wheel turned, Power screw maxed, KDP and case bolts fixed, WVO conversion, Skyjacker, Rancho's
Old 12-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Screwed up again. There are two versions of the Raptor that will work. One is a 100gph 55psi (max) pump and the other is a 150gph 30psi (max) pump.

here's another link to this pump for WVO use:
http://www.frybrid.com/parts.htm#pumps

Last edited by Dieselluvr; 12-23-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteweight View Post
Jeff
What would your recommendation for my application be??

liteweight

I installed a raptor 100 in my 94 fuel system. I am running a split fuel system in mine. It works ok but I would probably use a oem mechanical fuel pump if I did it again. Are you going to use a separate pump for your auxillery tank or will you use same pump for both fuels?

Where i had problems was that I used the same pump for both fuels. The fuel from the veggie had to travel a way before it got to the pump. This was the issue with the raptor, it likes a lot of fuel fast with no restrictions on input. I was pulling the fuel through a filter and then into the raptor. Not good.

Last edited by advanced7114; 12-28-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: add
advanced7114 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by advanced7114 View Post
I installed a raptor 100 in my 94 fuel system. I am running a split fuel system in mine. It works ok but I would probably use a oem mechanical fuel pump if I did it again. Are you going to use a separate pump for your auxillery tank or will you use same pump for both fuels?

Where i had problems was that I used the same pump for both fuels. The fuel from the veggie had to travel a way before it got to the pump. This was the issue with the raptor, it likes a lot of fuel fast with no restrictions on input. I was pulling the fuel through a filter and then into the raptor. Not good.
I am planning on using the same pump for both fuels, with a solenoid valve mounted on the Inlet. N.O. for diesel, & 12 Volt powered for veggy. I'll mount the pump & solenoid very close to the fuel supplies, (on the frame near the front of the box) Me thinks this would be a simple way of fuel supply. I am open to all ideas & suggestions tho

liteweight
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

supply pump

I'd highly recommend having a totally separate fuel system. If one starts to fail for some reason whether it be filter clogging or fuel pump failure or air contamination it simply takes a flip of a switch to continue on your way (don't ask me how I know...) Also I'd highly recommend having your solenoid switch as close to the inlet on the injection pump as possible to minimize switching over for two reasons. One is it will minimize temperature loss if your running heated WVO and the main reason is if you do have a air contamination it will not take 10 minutes to swich back to the other fuel. Also you should have a separate switch on the return lines to purge any air out of the system.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by Dieselluvr; 12-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Like I said, always open for suggestions. Sometimes it's better to listen to someones mistakes, & build on them.
So, 2, complete separate fuel systems. The diesel side would be untouched original, xept for the 3 port solenoid right at the injection pump inlet, & another 3 port for the return fuel .
Question tho, while running on veggy, the stock mechanical lift pump will be dead headed with no fuel flow. that can't be good for it.

liteweight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.