proof of 2 stroke oil - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Alternative Fuels, Additives, Oils & Lubricants
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
proof of 2 stroke oil

well I just added a small bottle of Wally World 2 stroke oil, it was @ 1/4 tank and I added the 16oz bottle and added fuel till it was about between 3/4 and full...........man she ain't never been that quiet........still have to do the valve job, she has 120,000 miles on her........maybe this weekend
2001 Sport Quad 4X4, Edge Juice w/Attitude "Hot",stacks with soft bed cover, MotoMetal 951 wrapped in 315x75x16 Falken Rocky Mt.,level kit,Airdog 150,FBD's 150's, II 62,BHAF with Outterwears,SunCoast Tripple Lock Converter and TorqLoc switch 865-806-8151
SmokinRam01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Yep, that's why I run AMSOIL 2 stroke oil in my '02.

-Chuck

Duluth Diesel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

2-stroke in mine too
you can o-most hear your self around it now lol

05 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB SRW
5 inch FBD to 6inch stacks , 37s, 6inch lift, TST R49, Smarty, SB 550,Airdog, II PS 62 over an S475
stark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Is 2-stroke really the way to go? I have been running Lucas and Cetane Boost, but really like the idea of 2-stroke from what everyone keeps saying on here. I can get plenty of this anywhere around here. The Lucas gets really expensive.

Does 2-stroke risk injector damage or increase the risk of any failures? Have any performance or improved MPG claims been proven? I would not want to see anything happen as it's finally running perfect. I would hate to fry a VP or any injectors.
FOR SALE!!! 99 Dually, Edge 5 (not tapped), 100HP sticks, ATS 5dsk Trans and Co-Pilot, FASS150, Cammed, Gages, ATS 3-piece Header, Banks Intake, 4:10s & Lockers, AmSoil, Hadley air horn, 5-inch exhaust
bmac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

2 stroke pervernts injector damage along with pump damage and everything eles 2 stroke luburicats the injectors and the injection pump. Me myself i run ATF in ever other tank of fuel. Its just what i perfer u get more. I have ran 2 stroke 2 and really cant tell the differnce between that and ATF but your truck will no there is something luburcating. I get better fuel miliage with it also

K&P Diesel House
duramaxin14 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

working on my first gallon-O 2 stroke... my engine is insanely loud (2nd gen whaddya expect) how long should it take till It quiets down? if ever... I've heard it takes several tanks for the full effect then you can run it every other or so...
Not sure if 2-stroke is the cause or if it helped, but. This weekend I added it to my tank, I'm down to a 1/4 tank now... put on new air filter, changed oil at 7k, and a new fuel filter, and wow... Whatever did it or the combo, it put the demon back in my truck!!! none of what I replaced was in bad shape... just general maintenance.

Last edited by Burgundy Bomber; 01-18-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Burgundy Bomber is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

If u want it to quit down quicker add more then 1 quart add 2 quarts to every tank or more until it starts to quit down

K&P Diesel House
duramaxin14 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Just a warning on using ATF in your diesel fuel. The modern day ATF's have friction modifiers that are not made to burn. ATF can also lead to premature failure of the injection system. Useing ATF is from the old days with mechanical injection systems and ATF didn't have the additives and modifiers like todays ATF.

The vp44 truck should definetly run something for more lubricity in their diesel fuel. The cp3 injection system was designed to accomidate the lower lubricity in diesel, no need for more lub. I have not seen any proof that adding 2-stroke does or will increase fuel MPG. I've read guys claiming it does but never experienced it in any of the three diesels I've owned, 1 vp44 truck and 2 cp3 trucks.

I have also read where guys that have torn down engines or replaced injectors after using 2-stroke have commented on how the injector tips were covered in a tar like substance.

My recommendations is to use a product thats formulated for diesel fuel.
2009, 2500, 4x4, 68RFE, 3:73, Smarty S67ME.
14,000 lb, 39' 5th wheel.
"Never squat with your spurs on."
pwr2tow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Nothing wrong with using a tcw3 rated 2 stroke oil at all. A friend that has a diesel shop has been using it in diesels for years and nevr a problem. He also said he has not seen the inside of a motor after using the 2 stroke oil as they have yet to get one back in from a failure. I run it in my truck and about ever 7 or 8 tanks i run some diesel clean through it.. Not a problem and my vp truck is allot quieter and feels like it has a few more ponies..
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinRam01 View Post
***........still have to do the valve job, she has 120,000 miles on her........maybe this weekend
Valve job? you talking check/adjust or something else?

Good luck all :thumbsup
jefff929 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Arrow ATF .... BIG.... no no

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxin14 View Post
2 stroke pervernts injector damage along with pump damage and everything eles 2 stroke luburicats the injectors and the injection pump. Me myself i run ATF in ever other tank of fuel. Its just what i perfer u get more. I have ran 2 stroke 2 and really cant tell the differnce between that and ATF but your truck will no there is something luburcating. I get better fuel miliage with it also
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr2tow View Post
Just a warning on using ATF in your diesel fuel. The modern day ATF's have friction modifiers that are not made to burn. ATF can also lead to premature failure of the injection system. Useing ATF is from the old days with mechanical injection systems and ATF didn't have the additives and modifiers like todays ATF.

The vp44 truck should definetly run something for more lubricity in their diesel fuel. The cp3 injection system was designed to accomidate the lower lubricity in diesel, no need for more lub. I have not seen any proof that adding 2-stroke does or will increase fuel MPG. I've read guys claiming it does but never experienced it in any of the three diesels I've owned, 1 vp44 truck and 2 cp3 trucks.

I have also read where guys that have torn down engines or replaced injectors after using 2-stroke have commented on how the injector tips were covered in a tar like substance.

Listen to what pwr2tow said about the ATF..... it is a HUGE MISTAKE to run it in your fuel.....

Go here and check it all out for yourself... several days worth of reading here .......
First Time w/2stroke Oil

Pay particular attention to what Mopar1973Man, WorkHorseDiesel, & Dorkweed have to say... IMO, of course...... :thumbsup

I have been running 2 Cycle for over 20 K miles ... my old truck has never run better!
No question about. I quit using any other additives about 11 or 12 K ago.

Just Wal Mart Super Tech 2 cycle .....

...1 ounce per gallon....
MDH / 030817
..Pretty much stock as far as I know... ??? ... .... 160 hp / 400 ft.lb. ...... 2 Cycle / 1oz. per gallon
cap-j is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr2tow

Question! Why would 2-stroke oil leave a tar like substance on injector tips? I thought the stuff was designed to burn cleanly.

Cap-J, no offense, but your 93 CTD doesn't have a VP-44. I'm just wondering what are the benefits of using 2-stroke in your truck. Maybe prolonging the life of the injectors and/or LP? Just curious.
2002 2500HD QC Laramie SLT SB; 2WD; Auto; 3:54 AS; Camper/Tow Pkgs; 4" Exhaust; Optima Redtops; Bilstein shocks; DSS; Isspro EV 30psi mechanical FP gauge; Vulcan 3/8ths LP relo kit to VP44; Mag-Hytec diff cover & tranny pan.
billmac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.