Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Amsoil EaBP100 Filter Cross Reference

61K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Duluth Diesel 
#1 ·
I am also getting ready for an oil change.....

I just checked and Amoils Ea080 oil filter (that I have been using forever) is $24.80, FOR ONE FILTER!!!!

The Donaldson ELF7349 is the same exact filter, with just a different label.......for $13.00!!!

My Amsoil BMK-21 Bypass Kit uses an Amsoil EaBP100 oil filter, which is $41.40, FOR ONE FILTER!!!

I just need to now find a Donaldson cross reference for the bypass filter and I am set......anyone know???

I cannot believe how much Amsoil is charging for their oil filters......insane

#2 ·
I bought my Amsoil EA80 oil filter in July and it only cost me $18.95 from my Amsoil dealer ( that only $4.95 more then I pay for Fleetguard Stratapore oil filters) so don't know why yours charges you $24.80 unless your dealer is charging you retail price and not member wholesale price. Sounds like you need to find a new dealer like Duluth Diesel here on CF.

#3 ·
Regardless, I still found the Donaldson Endurance ELF7349 for $13, which is still cheaper...........and the same filter as the Ea080

#4 ·
Bound and determined to find a cross reference for the EaBP100!

#5 ·
for one thing do not change the bypass filter until it no longer flows oil. as the larger holes fill up in the filter it starts to filter better, and at the time it clogs up it is at its best. at oil change interval just run the engine holding up the cap, if it still runs oil it is good. you will get more oil changes out of it than you would expect. when the 100 does need to be changed go to the 110. we all think the filter is made by luberfiner but they do not have a cross refrence. we use the 9750 and it has the exact same specifications except it is three times bigger and has a zink adder.

#6 ·
The EaBP110 is much longer that the EaBP100

BP100: 7.25"
BP110: 10.44"

Not sure if I can squeeze it in to my mounting location or not.....

#7 ·
So Lubrifiner 9750 is the cross reference to the BP110?

#8 ·
D45 don't pay full retail. Shoot me a PM if I can help you. Better prices are available. A few years ago I tried to answer this question, and what I came up with was that while you can get the Donaldson ELF7349 to match to the Eao80, the EABO100 is an AMSOIL proprietary filter. You may find filters with the same thread type and diameter to fit on the AMSOIL bypass mounts, but they won't be anywhere near 2 microns. Also, any AMSOIL warranty on their system and oil in your engine is voided if you mix and match non-AMSOIL parts. Anyway, let me know if I can assist you.

-Chuck

#9 ·
#11 ·
So lets just ignore the fact that you will not be getting the full advantage of the Amsoil filter when you swap it out for another. Instead of 2 microns absolute you may get 10 or more with another filter that you put on. Is it really worth the extra change that you will save? The EABP100 bypass filters are rated at 50K miles, so an extra $5-10 every 50K miles to void any warranty that Amsoil offers and not getting as good of protection? Not really worth it is it?

#12 ·
Are people really running bypass filters for 50k????? I use amsoil, and change the full flow every 10k and bypass and oil at 20k.

#13 ·
How long you run your AMSOIL filters depends on if your truck is stock or not, and if modified how modified. Mods and driving habits can make a huge difference in soot loading rates. This is why all diesel owners, no matter what oil/filter they run, should at some point do used oil analysis (UOA). Especially if your truck is modified. If your truck is beyond stock power levels, you cannot assume that the factory recommended oil change interval is adequate. Modified engines age oil much faster than stock engines.

-Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.