My Magdrive HHO test Results - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Alternative Fuels, Additives, Oils & Lubricants
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up My Magdrive HHO test Results

Ok I made the trip home with the new Magdrive HHO installed. The injection point was the cold air tube before the turbo. Here is how it went. I received the unit and quickly installed it. I only had a couple of hours on Wednesday and took another hour and a half on Thursday to finish it. I installed it in the parking lot where Iím staying. It was a little cold out so I didnít spend the time on it as I should have and the facilities wasnít the best garage for installing but itís on.
The unit was producing a lot of bubbles so it appeared to be working well. On Friday I drove the truck to work which was about 25 miles. Noticed the rust looking water already.
After work we headed home for the holiday, around 1000 miles. Ran down the interstate at between 65 and 70, No wind, High humidity (foggy), temp 38 to 40F. The first tank of Diesel took us 478 miles on 25 gallons of fuel. That was 19+ mpg.:thumbsup The truck has never got over 15mpg. The truck has about 16,000 miles on it so itís not broke in yet. After we filled up the fuel tank I started the truck and looked at the tube that the hydrogen exits the brick which was really rusty (thick) looking. I didnít see any bubbles any more so I thought I would drain the circulator trap a lot of dirty water came out. I let it drain until clear. I then refilled the water reservoir. I didnít see any bubbles (the hose seemed very stained) was eager to get going so we headed down the road. After 200 miles it was looking like the fuel was going fast. We stopped for a rest break and looked for a possible problem. Found the fuse was blown. Changed the fuse and the bubbles were back. Filled up the truck to get a fresh mpg reading. It was 16. Donít know why so good (relatively speaking). Iím pretty sure now, that the fuse was blown out when I checked at the first fill up. Now on the road again. The mileage didnít get any better as we ended up with a 30 mph head wind and I sped up to between 75 and 80mph. The last time I topped off the tank the truck got 14.6 mpg. It was making bubbles so it should have been working. Thatís back to what I normally get. The first 500 miles was done in perfect weather conditions for testing this unit (no weather changes). I was very impressed with the 19 mpg. Thatís more than 30% improvement. I think the washer motor went out as it wonít pump today. I donít know when it went out but it was working during the last fill. I will be working on the system to get it setup better on the truck during the next couple of days. I hope this helps some. I'm very upbeat about this...I believe it does work and quite well. More time will tell.
Fuzzy
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

sounds pretty good, A headwind will kill mpg. So you think the unit works good, but it needs a little attention as far as ?? Why didn't you put in the intake plenium, I heard that is the optimium spot. Too much is lost through the turbo. Sounds good though
Old 12-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

I do think the unit works good. I just need to do a more perminate and cleaner install. I couldn't place it in the plenum because the of the pressure provided by the turbo. I need to either build a venturi or buy one. The venturi that comes with the unit is not a true venturi, more like an injector that places the gas in the center of the cold air stream. The unit needs a vacuum to pull the hydrogen into the engine. I also didn't get teh right water. I grabbed the drinking water instead of the distilled. That may be where the larger amount of rusty water is coming from.

Scott
Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Posting to see results .
johntf is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

There is a disributor in AK that sells the venturis. He is very informative.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

pblankenship, on another post here, posted the phone number to the Arkansas dealer with the venturies. I do plan on checking them out.

it is here, http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ge...-gains-15.html.

I hope I did the link right.

Thanks, Fuzzy
Old 12-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfuzzy View Post
Ok I made the trip home with the new Magdrive HHO installed. The injection point was the cold air tube before the turbo. Here is how it went. I received the unit and quickly installed it. I only had a couple of hours on Wednesday and took another hour and a half on Thursday to finish it. I installed it in the parking lot where I’m staying. It was a little cold out so I didn’t spend the time on it as I should have and the facilities wasn’t the best garage for installing but it’s on.
The unit was producing a lot of bubbles so it appeared to be working well. On Friday I drove the truck to work which was about 25 miles. Noticed the rust looking water already.
After work we headed home for the holiday, around 1000 miles. Ran down the interstate at between 65 and 70, No wind, High humidity (foggy), temp 38 to 40F. The first tank of Diesel took us 478 miles on 25 gallons of fuel. That was 19+ mpg.:thumbsup The truck has never got over 15mpg. The truck has about 16,000 miles on it so it’s not broke in yet. After we filled up the fuel tank I started the truck and looked at the tube that the hydrogen exits the brick which was really rusty (thick) looking. I didn’t see any bubbles any more so I thought I would drain the circulator trap a lot of dirty water came out. I let it drain until clear. I then refilled the water reservoir. I didn’t see any bubbles (the hose seemed very stained) was eager to get going so we headed down the road. After 200 miles it was looking like the fuel was going fast. We stopped for a rest break and looked for a possible problem. Found the fuse was blown. Changed the fuse and the bubbles were back. Filled up the truck to get a fresh mpg reading. It was 16. Don’t know why so good (relatively speaking). I’m pretty sure now, that the fuse was blown out when I checked at the first fill up. Now on the road again. The mileage didn’t get any better as we ended up with a 30 mph head wind and I sped up to between 75 and 80mph. The last time I topped off the tank the truck got 14.6 mpg. It was making bubbles so it should have been working. That’s back to what I normally get. The first 500 miles was done in perfect weather conditions for testing this unit (no weather changes). I was very impressed with the 19 mpg. That’s more than 30% improvement. I think the washer motor went out as it won’t pump today. I don’t know when it went out but it was working during the last fill. I will be working on the system to get it setup better on the truck during the next couple of days. I hope this helps some. I'm very upbeat about this...I believe it does work and quite well. More time will tell.
Fuzzy
What are you using with the distilled water, salt?...If you are then the water will turn brown very fast.. don't worry about the sludge...it's normal with salt.....also, your mileage will die if you're not using distilled water
Old 12-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Using 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda per gallon. The instructions also discuss using distilled white vinegar (5% solution) to keep the unit clean. It says no mixing Just pour it in full strength and go. Has anyone tried this yet?

Fuzzy
Old 12-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfuzzy View Post
Using 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda per gallon. The instructions also discuss using distilled white vinegar (5% solution) to keep the unit clean. It says no mixing Just pour it in full strength and go. Has anyone tried this yet?

Fuzzy
I have tried pure vinegar to make HHO...it worked, but the output I thought was low. Went back to using baking soda but will try adding a tablespoon or two of vinegar to the mix. Also, how large is the hose coming from the unit to the injection point pre-turbo and what amp load are you drawing at 1/2 teaspoon baking soda?

Last edited by dakota001; 12-23-2007 at 03:51 PM.
dakota001 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

This is interesting stuff, do you have any pictures of your setup?
Old 12-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Anybody else have this setup, you guys almost have me convinced on buying one. Overall, how satisfied would you say you are with the system.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Well from what I am reading thus far, it sounds promising!!!
But it sounds like it still needs some fine tuning of sorts
Anyone else have any reports on there findings? Please enlighten us!!!
Ram04SLT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.