Tried WMO heres results - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Specialty Forums > Alternative Fuels, Additives, Oils & Lubricants
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Tried WMO heres results

This is all 6 injectors out of my 91 cummins motor. These were rebuilt about 6 months ago. For experementing I tried to run 50/50 diesel and waste motor oil. heated and filtered to 5 micron. On a 700 mile pull the truck got so weak it would slow down to 50 MPH on small hills. 1st Changed filters still no power, 2nd removed pump took it to tallulah injection 45 minutes on test stand no problems. Reinstalled pump and pulled injectors 3 were stuck open. on a pop tester thet wouldnt even chatter they just let diesel flow through.

Last edited by BridelessRacing; 01-30-2010 at 09:51 PM.
BridelessRacing is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer

Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,285 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
How far was it filtered down? That looks pretty rough, how many miles did you run it? were you running it straight or cut with diesel?
Parts for sale: Van Aken SmartBox, 03-05 Banks 6Gun, TST PMCR w/R37 remote also have another full one w/R49.
Shibbyutman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Question

Man, that is weird. I've never heard of that happening, especially after only 700 miles! I've known guys who've run WMO for tens of thousands of miles in their 12 valve Cummins with nary a hiccup. Then again, I'm not sure at what ratio they ran it, maybe it was thinner mixture than yours? I am waiting for somebody "more in the know" to weigh in here with an opinion or two.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Is this your first time using WMO at this ratio? Did you use any synthetic oil? This was a perfectly running vehicle before you added the WMO?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

1st time in this concentration. Oil was rotella 15/40. and yes truck ran fine before and runs good again now that I have 6 used injectors out of a wrecked truck in mine.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Very Interesting, so what's your conclusion?
Challenger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I wont do that again
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Are you going to give up on WMO all together or just the high ratio's? I would call 50% a high ratio. I have been burning WMO for lots of years at 5% or less, including gear oil and synthetics, and still feel it's profitable. I'm surprised more WMO burners haven't chimed in.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridelessRacing View Post
I wont do that again
with the injectors stuck open like that would you think over time your cylinder walls might get washed down, or any other possible scenarios?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridelessRacing View Post
This is all 6 injectors out of my 91 cummins motor. These were rebuilt about 6 months ago. For experementing I tried to run 50/50 diesel and waste motor oil. heated and filtered to 5 micron. On a 700 mile pull the truck got so weak it would slow down to 50 MPH on small hills. 1st Changed filters still no power, 2nd removed pump took it to tallulah injection 45 minutes on test stand no problems. Reinstalled pump and pulled injectors 3 were stuck open. on a pop tester thet wouldnt even chatter they just let diesel flow through.
This should be a alternative fuels sticky, can you give us an idea of your total costs to get your truck fixed and back to running normal. As well as down time. Were you able to limp back home to fix it,or did it have to be fixed on the road trip.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
DieselAutoPower.com

Thanked 1,890 Times in 822 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
What was the filter media you used to filter the oil?
patracy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

[QUOTE This should be a alternative fuels sticky, can you give us an idea of your total costs to get your truck fixed and back to running normal. As well as down time. Were you able to limp back home to fix it,or did it have to be fixed on the road trip.[/QUOTE]

Truck drove back home on its own. One day of removing Injection pump. drive 40 miles to run on test stand at Tallulah Injection for 45 minutes. No problems with pump That cost me JB80 (being a chemical rep has advantages) Leave Tallulah drive 80 miles to wrecking yard to pull 6 used injectors for $10 each out of 95 cummins truck. drive back home 30 miles. tear all 12 injectors down to swap injector bodies. mine have 12mm threads for the fuel lines and the injectors I bought have 14mm so I just used the tips on my old bodies. To sum it up this cost me $60 in cash 5 cans of JB80 1 lost day of work. All the fuel I burned was in a customers Powerstroke. I had just built the rearend for. He told me to drive it and make sure he wouldnt have any problems so I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.