Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Whats everyone's opinion on 2stroke oil

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Turner_Burn 
#1 ·
I've searched until I'm cross eyed.I am wanting to know if I can or should run some 2 stroke oil in my truck.Will I gain anything by doing this.My truck is fully deleted so I'm not worried about the effects to the egr and the other junk that fell off.However my search has lead me to have different opinions on weather you gain any thing or not.Have any of you folks tried it and if so what is your conclusion.

#3 ·
I run it religiously in my chain saw. Otherwise it's a waste of oil.

#4 ·
From my understanding it was good to run in trucks built before ULSD was introduced. The older trucks needed more lubrication for the fuel system. I ran it religiously in my 2001 VP truck but 2007 and newer truck are designed from the factory to run ULSD.

#5 ·
I know ive read where it was used widely in the older trucks to help lube the vp44 and help clean the injector.I guess a cp3 doesn't need as much lubercation?? Although I don't see what it would hurt everything need lubricated to last.That's why I'm asking cause I am still learning the do and don't and I certainly don't wanna mess anything up.

#6 ·
Drive your truck your truck.

#9 ·
For newer trucks, don't add it. Especially if you still have SCR/DPF, as it's a crap shoot how the additional non-diesel fuel components will interact with those components.

JMHO

AJ

#10 ·
Thanks for the input guys I will stay away from it.There is no use in wasting money if it has no good effects behind it

Reactions: N of 60
#11 ·
Since you're deleted it probably won't hurt, but it's for sure not needed. Save those greenbacks for beer to lubricate yourself!

#13 ·
I wouldn't use 2 stroke in it but a little stanadyne once in a while will help keep things clean. I use it in every tank in my 06 and just run a tank through once in a while in my 16

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: bigginch
#14 ·
2SO should only be used if it is a marine grade, with no Ash and be marked TC-W3. never use any other 2 stroke oil.

Also, like stated, on emissions in tact vehicles, 2 stroke oil is horrible idea. on deleted vehicles, there just isn't a reason. power service in the grey bottle is the better option for cleaning things out. There is a big thread somewhere about that

#15 ·
The way I look at it if there are metal to metal moving parts or a metal part moving in a "O" ring then it needs lube to make it work right and last longer. It's no different than your engine needing lube to make it work.

#16 ·
Ive never believed in any type of fuel additives… get fuel at a reputable station that gets frequent traffic and you should be good to go

#17 ·
Useless.

The engines are designed to run on diesel fuel, nothing else is necessary. The fuel provides the necessary lubrication for the pump and injectors moving parts.

Injector failures are mainly caused by water contamination or poor quality fuel, adding oil in isn't going help in either scenario.

Reactions: N of 60
#18 ·
Dont run 2-stroke in the newer trucks. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
I've been using it since last fall, and I do notice a "slight" difference. It's positive. With that said, I'm in an early 3rd gen...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.