Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Propel Fuel / Diesel HPR...

7K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Danderson 
#1 ·
Hello Forum...

I'm in the Los Angeles area and I have a Propel pump in close proximity. Just wanted to put it on the record that I have been using this exclusively since September with zero issues. I'm not going to get all tedious w/ my description. I just like that it's produced using biomass, and that it works flawlessly. If you can, support them by using their product.

https://propelfuels.com

#2 ·
Still no issues since exclusive usage started in September. Adding the "2_stroke_oil" @ 1qt per tank seemed to make an audible difference. So, I'm running this recipe from here on out... I really like having the readily available HPR. However, I still wish we had B20, or even better B99 in the greater Los Angeles area. With B99 I could play w/ percentages...

I have to drive to another county to get B20...

#3 ·
Adding 2 stroke to diesel makes a difference also.

Using that fuel change your MPG's?

#4 ·
I can tell you that using HPR has not "hurt" my MPG... I've got the 2K discipline down. I don't rev and shift gears above 2K, and I don't cruise above 2K rpm's... I think that is key... No matter the fuel and or additive.

What I like about the 2_stroke oil blended into the fuel is the sound that the engine makes after the blend. It's smoother... Less metallic sounding. It literally sounds lubricated.

#5 ·
That's what I try to everyone on the 1st Gen site, the lube makes the injection pump and injectors last longer. It's just like the engine it needs lube to last longer.

There is a station that sells blended diesel in another town near me, but I don't go there very often so I don't buy it.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Hopefully bringing this thread back to life.

Is there anything like this outside of California? Would really like to find this stuff or something similar near Albuquerque, NM.

#9 ·
Update...

Still fueling exclusively w/ PROPEL. Zero negative issues. I'm mixing 12 to 16oz's of Walmart 2Stroke TC_W3 Oil w/ each tank. Crazy... I smell the 2stroke oil thru the exhaust over the HPR (diesel). Honestly though, I'd rather be able to find a source for B99. I used to blend B99 w/ #2 to create a B25 mixture. It was the total sweet spot. I love CA, but our govt is lack luster. As_hats only endorse the biofuels that fuel their bank account$.

#10 ·
I just checked to see if it was near me and the only locations are in Ca.

#11 ·
B99....

I believe I've sourced this in the Los Angeles area. I am stoked... So, I'll be blending the B99 w/ the PROPEL HPR... More to come. I really feel that B99 is an important fuel to support and use. And we've all seen thee "study" that's been all over the forum_sphere. 2% to 5% is all you need to add more lube to your fuel than any additive on the shelf... In the past, I've burned B99 (no blend) in a CUMMINS, and in an International 7.3. Both loved it. And, I love the exhaust aroma... It gets people's attn in a positive way. Especially, those that live and die by their climate centered religion.

Reactions: Danderson
#12 ·

Still using this fuel exclusively. Very satisfied.

#13 ·
*thread bump*

Just in case the CA guys haven't seen anything about this fuel... Great stuff. Been running exclusively for 3yrs. One of the interesting observations is that you can hear an audible difference at idle. It's smoothing/lubricating. I also run the Schaeffers Soy Shield, and that stuff is on Amazon...

#14 ·
Renewable diesel is great stuff. There's fleets testing it out around my direction and there's no issue running it at 100 percent blend, no DPF related issues as well. For common rails, there's zero reason to add lubricants, especially for DPF equipped trucks.

Same can't be said for older injection systems with old seals. VE and VP pumps will have similar issues to the ones seen during the LSD to ULSD transition. This won't happen if the pump has new seals in it(last 10 or so years).

#15 ·
Hello Forum...

I'm in the Los Angeles area and I have a Propel pump in close proximity. Just wanted to put it on the record that I have been using this exclusively since September with zero issues. I'm not going to get all tedious w/ my description. I just like that it's produced using biomass, and that it works flawlessly. If you can, support them by using their product.

Renewable Fuels | Flex Fuel E85 | Diesel HPR - Propel Fuels
Still believe that PROPEL_HPR and Schaeffer's Soy Shield are the best fueling combo for diesels on the planet.

#17 ·
Since the origin of this thread I've only used Propel a few more times as it is still more expensive. The engine definitely is quieter and the lack of diesel smell is still appreciated.
[/Q
Yes, sometimes their pricing is not competitive w/ #2. I'm kind of surprised that they're not price matching the market at a minimum. Also, being in the fueling business in CA isn't easy. It's astounding that the gov fawns over all things climate, yet puts up roadblocks to businesses producing renewable energy.

#20 ·
Our local school district just received $342 million courtesy of Biden. The teacher's union says no vaccine,no work so 40% of the local supply has been put aside. So far very little interest. Somebody doesn't want to go back to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.