Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Biodiesel vs 2_stroke: What would you rather use if both were available..?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Turner_Burn 
#1 ·
This subject has been front and center. I'm really thankful for this forum, and all of the knowledge that is stored here. The 2_Stroke Oil solution is awesome. With that said, if I had the choice, I'd rather use biodiesel blended down by me. It is a mind_blower. I live in Los Angeles County, and nobody has B5 , B20, and or B99 at any retail outlet. Really, I want B99. I'll blend down myself. I did this in a previous 7.3 Stroke, and a Cummins. Wow, it made a huge difference. A difference you can hear...

My only solution is to join the L.A. Biodiesel Co_Op... From the Co_Op I will have access to B99. However, it's not cheap. It's doable as a blend_down, but if I wanted to run B99 only, the price would be double what #2 at the pump is right now...

Finally... LoL This is a ramble right? I'm running PROPEL_HPR. I like it a lot. Running it in my truck, and my tractor. I just want to supplement it w/ B99 to lube it up.

BTW... If anyone reading this knows of a bio source in L.A. please let me know.

#2 ·
Almost 300 views, and no replies..? Simple questions... Biodiesel or 2_Stroke for fuel lubrication. What do you prefer, and why?

#4 ·
Initially, I was thinking the same thing... But, apparently the fuel is nearly as dry as #2..? So, I want to blend in 2 to 5% bio... At the moment I'm using 2_Stroke for the first time. There is an audible difference, and it's a good thing.

#5 ·
It really depends where you are I think. Where I am, regular diesel is of such high consistent quality that I supplement with 2 stroke and call it a day. If good quality known biodiesel was available where I am I would probably eliminate 2 stroke use as long as it ended up being close in cost.

As it stands I'd have to drive so far to get biodiesel that it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm not sure how much biodiesel makes it into Ontario diesel stations but supposedly some is mandated. I run 2 stroke anyway because my truck runs quieter and I do get consistently better mileage out of it. Nothing amazing but 0.5 - 1 MPG over a tank offsets the cost of the additive itself in my case.

#6 ·
I will be joining L.A. Biodiesel Co_Op. They have B99 available to their members. I think the combo of Propel_HPR and 2% B99 may be a good thing..? I'll post up in this thread to give you guys an impression.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.