Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New valvoline oils at walmart

6K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  goodgravy54 
#1 ·
I was doing some shopping and noticed Walmart is carrying valvoline diesel oil again. Just not the premium blue. Just thought I would share. First time I've seen these.

See less See more
#4 ·
Someone covering thier you know what with a special note on the back of the jug..this will still help out on price, I ran Valvoline syn.blend and high milage for years in other vehicles with good results

#7 ·
I think it's premium blue in different packaging. Just changed oil to the top one and drove from NV to CO. Put about 3000 miles on. Ran like it did with premium blue. Probably had to package it different so other brand diesel owners will be more likely to buy it.

#13 ·
It says it meets the performance requirements which is different then actually having a manufactors approval. Approval means it was submited for testing and passed the requirements for manufactor approval. "Meets performance requirements" means they think it would in theory pass but never actually submitted it for testing.

#19 ·
Shell rotella t6 5w40 says it meets the performance requirements of ces 20081, so does that mean it's not approved for use in cummins either? :confused013: They cant just put that it meets ces20081 without testing it to those standards. If they put on the label that it meets a certain standard then I'm sure it has probably been tested to that standard. And I do understand that is different then being endorsed by cummins. :thumbsup:
And the diesel supplement owners manual for my truck recommends shell rotella as one of the recommended oils, so I'm guessing it's probably approved.

#20 ·
Just changed the oil with the new white bottle tonight. Any positive feedback on it so far? I normally run valvoline premium blue, but this is what I could get today.

#21 ·
I've ran the max life version. Didn't have no issues with it.

I mostly use the premium blue also. But I've used a few different oils. I got Delo 5w/40 in my truck right now. Local Walmart had a sell on it.

#23 ·
I ran it for 5k miles and found premium blue for a dollar more on sale, so that's back in the truck with a new Donaldson filter.

#24 ·
Premium blue is a business deal between Cummins and Valvoline. Nothing more, nothing less. Your truck didn't come from Cummins with Premium Blue in it. It came with 5w40 synthetic. If Premium Blue was the be all, end all, wouldn't Cummins put it in their engine to begin with?

#25 ·
Fair enough. What brand does it leave the factory with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.