Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Cetane additives??

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  9297oldram 
#1 ·
Just bought my first Ram with a Cummins. Coming over from a Ford 6.0 and was wondering what peoples opinions were about using Cetane boosters with the new Cummins. Used to run Power Service Cetane boost in my Powerstroke and would see some improvement in the mpg (truck had injector issues) any gains to be had or is it just snake oil for a Cummins? Not sure if this is the right forum for this question:thanks2::

#4 ·
Cetane additives themselves can be found just about anywhere. Power Service Diesel Kleen with Cetane (gray bottle), can be had for about the same price, give you a 7 point boost in cetane, and give you good lubrication along with injector cleaners etc...

#5 ·
Diesel fuel can be as low as 42 and as high as around 50 which is considered as premium diesel. Since diesel fuel doesn't have to be identified what the cetane level is at the pump it doesn't hurt to add cetane.

Most fuel stations I found are selling 42 to 46 cetane fuel, and like I guy told me it just depends on where he buys his diesel to fill his tanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.