Oil Leak 06' 5.9L - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > Community Hall > Chapter Forums > Alabama
CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Oil Leak 06' 5.9L

Just curious if anyone has had problems with oil leaking between the engine and trans. My truck currenly has 11k miles and is on it's way back to the dealer for this problem. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
5.9 Window Cleaner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Yep! I'm willing to bet that your oil is coming from your blow by tube and isn't actually a leak from anywhere. I have the same problem and so do a lot of others out there. Just my $.02.

Keep us posted on what you find out at the dealer.
2006 3500 Laramie H - QC LWB 4x4 3:73 G56
AFE Stage 2 Silencer Ring - MIA MBRP T-304 4" TBE 5" Tip CAT Delete Smarty SW#5 ISSPRO Boost / EGT Gauges Quadzilla Boost Fooler 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Dieselguy8599 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
yea if you look the tube comes down on the drivers side in the area you explained. this is normal but messy.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

It is at the dealer at this time. I saw the blow tube when I looked under there and it do not look like the oil was coming from that. I will let you know here in a little bit.
Thanks!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

The dealer said the oil is coming from oil seeping out of the motor, not the oil that is in the pan. I guess from when it was built? They put some dye in the oil and said to bring it back in a 1000 miles to check it again. Sounds like a case of "we don't know" to me. Anyone know if these motors seep oil out of themselves????????
Old 12-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
thats a new one on me but im still newish to ctds.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
COFFMAN CUSTOMS

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I have also had this oil leak problem. Mine appears to be coming from between the trans and oil pan like you but also from the blow tube on the side. but mine is a very very slight leak (not even enough to drip) so im not gonna worry about it until it gets worse

GOOSE 2006 - UDC/EFI - ED 63 - BUILD THREAD: BBI 2s - Hamilton Internals - 63/475 - WRAP - PPE Duals

***COFFMAN CUSTOMS UDC INFO CLICK HERE***
CALL US: 806-679-2877
gecoveyc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

"Oil Leak"

I pulled my hair out on this one also. I was bigtime PO'ed when I saw the dreaded spot on my concrete drive. Someone on the sites told me to check the coolant hose that runs down the rear of the engine on the passenger side for loose clamps and Voila mine were finger tight. I snugged them up and have been dry as a bone for 40K + now.
2006 Short Quad 4x4. SC Perf. Set, Magdrive-gone, Amsoil Nano/K&N intake , Diamond plate Bed Covers, Nerfs, Carbon fiber Tail Lights, Guages in Overhead,Amsoil lube/Bypass,Mag-Hytec rear,Q-Zilla Fooler. Redneck Kit (Air Horns & Connex/Sweet 16 CB)
mizzu is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks, I threw the BS card when they told me that. That oil or whatever is leaking is coming form somewhere! I'll check the coolant tube---This makes sense because the fluid is not black looking like the engine oil. It appeared to be a light brown color as I recall it.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 Window Cleaner View Post
Thanks, I threw the BS card when they told me that. That oil or whatever is leaking is coming form somewhere! I'll check the coolant tube---This makes sense because the fluid is not black looking like the engine oil. It appeared to be a light brown color as I recall it.
I got the exact same mystery oil patch on my 07 5.9. It's not ATF, it's not Anti-freeze (had that issue too with the short coolant hose clamps being loose). It appears to have the same color and viscosity of new engine oil. I do my own oil changes and did not make a mess, not to mention that was 3000 miles ago. It's on the small cover on the front of the tranny, not even enough to form a drip. Can't see where it's coming from, since it's only very slight I'm content to just keep a watchful eye on it.
ChadsRam is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ChadsRam For This Useful Post:
Thebigdog00s (03-21-2013)
Old 12-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

I am glad I am not alone. You have described my oil leak to a "T" the only exception being----I have 2 places in my driveway where it has dripped a good bit. It was on the plate and it looks like traditional motor oil in color. Keep me posted if you have any change.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Will do. Make sure you check those clamps on the short section of coolant hose too. At first glance they form and drip from the same place. If you have someone diagnose yours please post it up.
ChadsRam is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.