Cummins Diesel Forum banner

P1693

16K views 57 replies 14 participants last post by  side2000 
#1 ·
so. . .i have dead spots when i'm rippin. my fuel press stays at 11 or above, my inj pump is the freshest thing on my motor, i just installed ddp110's, and i'm throwin p1693-with no other codes that could be related to the power loss. truck seemed to be fine for the first couple hund miles after injector installation and i was rippin the whole time.

now from what i understand a scantool will read the code that is settin off the 1693--cuz there has to be another code right?
:$::$::$::$::$::$::eek:hno::eek:hno:

#3 ·
1693 is not a problem. It's called a "companion code". It just means that there was also a code present in the ECM. Whenever your truck throws a code, the P1693 companion code will show up also.
If you're CEL has come on, then you very well may have a code set of some sort, otherwise, just clear the 1693 code and all should be good.

#7 ·
when i'm rippin it literally defuels for a sec, stutters almost. my turbo even "blows off" sometimes with my foot to the floor (when it gets that bad).

i know it's a companion code, my question is where the hell is the other code? that's the only code im throwin. i assume i need a scantool to read the other one since my truck's not noticin it?

#5 ·
P1693 DTC Detected in Campanion JTEC mod Try and google this.

#9 ·
Sorry, I misunderstood your ?.
Are you using the key trick to get the 1693 code?? and that's the only code it shows by doing that??
I'm wondering if you're not coming up against the factory rev limiter. Alot of the Adrenaline guys were/are having that same problem.
At what RPM does the stumble occur??

#11 ·
generally, it's most prevalent when i start rippin at lower rpm, but it could just be the increased amount of time it has to stutter. my first instinct was IP, but i am almost certain it is not rev limiter cuz it happens when i start rippin at any rpm. like i said it really didnt happen at first. and it makes damn good power when it's not happening.

oh and yes im using key trick

#12 ·
ok ill ask a different question: if my vp was failing, would i definately get the death code? i would say because of how hard it's been buckin' that whatever is wrong would throw a code. . . .

#13 ·
1963 - DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC Detected in ECM - A Companion DTCwas set in both the ECM and PCM.

Just mean there is more error codes present...:w:

Where are you guys getting your weird error codes definitons at??? :rof

Maybe you should go to my web page and look at the Dodge Factory Service Manual...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/pdf/error-codes.pdf

Or Download your own book and have it for your use...
Dodge FSM

#14 · (Edited)
you are not understanding. . . i know there SHOULD be another code....but there isn't one.

-i got my codes from my service manual
-:rof ??? you think this is funny? the only thing funny is you couldn't understand the last page, or didn't read it.

- i respect you for what ya know but instead of comin on patronizin' people for problems they have that you "think" they don't understand, maybe you should spend your time doin somethin else.

-i have no other code just this one . . . there inlies the prolblem. im gonna hook a scantool up to it thanks for all your help to those who tried.

#15 ·
It means you'll have to find someone to be able to check the codes with a scan tool. Where are you located? If you're close enough, I might be able to look at it.

There is another code that wants to tell us what it is. The key trick is nice, but not complete, and frustrating with issues like this.

#16 ·
i appreciate it but i live in MD. i have a guy i can go to for some scannin'. gonna do that right now actually.

#19 ·
well while i'm gone....i can just bolt an SO pump right up can't i

#21 ·
it passed. . . .i just did my injectors but i dont think that's the problem. i think the injectors just amplify the symptoms cuz my truck was pretty slow before, and i never really ripped on it. i torqued injectors down pretty good-but not too tight, all of 'em went in well all the connector tubes engaged easily--could maybe an injector that's not torqued down enough cause this? oil doesn't smell like fuel, doesnt look like fuel is in there, doesnt look like i'm burnin any motor oil. . . .

#22 ·
damn these vp trucks. . . . . .

some1 read my last post and help me!

#25 · (Edited)
just to confirm it definitely happens under two grand and my idle gets choppy sometimes when i stop. gonna do apps in mornin

#26 ·
see if you can use a good scanner and get codes out before you reflash. You may lose out on good data. My vp44 went out and I didn't get any codes except teh companion code p01693

#27 · (Edited)
i took my fuel filter out and left it out (motor) and replaced my fass filter and it seems to be ok now. . . . . . . . .hope that didn't determine my vp's destiny. . . .

assuming that's the problem. . .could that have damaged my injection pump? my FP guage is plumbed right at the pump and it never read under 11. . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.