47RE Flexplate - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
47RE Flexplate Question???

What is the best Flexplate that I can get for under $200?

I found this one SFI Flexplate, Cummins Flexplate, LS1 flexplate, Chevy flexplate, 518 flexplate for Hemi, Ford flexplate, transmision adapters, but it says it may need modification for model year 02, Anyone Know why?? I thought the tranny was the same as the previous 47RE years?

I also emailed the seller to ask why.
2002 2500 SLTPlus QC SB 4X4 Goerends 47RE,150 Sticks, BHAF, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, FASS 150, Leveling kit, 4:10s, 35" TOYO MT's

Last edited by tader; 11-09-2008 at 04:55 PM.
tader is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don

I've heard two stories on the 47RE flex plate...first story is the stock one is just fine up to like 650hp...and the second story is you should upgrade it after 100-150hp increase. Take it for what you will, I'm sure you will get an even amount of people who use one of the two philosophy's.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not like the others......

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippit96 View Post
I've heard two stories on the 47RE flex plate...first story is the stock one is just fine up to like 650hp...and the second story is you should upgrade it after 100-150hp increase. Take it for what you will, I'm sure you will get an even amount of people who use one of the two philosophy's.
Link doesn't work for me.

I'm also curious about this topic as I'm looking at options for flexplates also.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltracks View Post
Link doesn't work for me.

I'm also curious about this topic as I'm looking at options for flexplates also.
The owner of the company replied to my email. He no longer makes that flexplate and just removed it from his site; that's the reason why the link doesn't work. As far as it not working on an 02 he said quote "This is because the some of the new cases where not quite in specs. We have found some that are about 1/8" shorter in the bell area so this makes the thicker plate to tight and will damage the pump."

So now, I am now looking for another flexplate (prefer around $200) ANYbody have any suggestions other than stock??

may end up biting the bullit and getting a billet....
2002 2500 SLTPlus QC SB 4X4 Goerends 47RE,150 Sticks, BHAF, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, FASS 150, Leveling kit, 4:10s, 35" TOYO MT's
tader is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not like the others......

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
The owner of the company replied to my email. He no longer makes that flexplate and just removed it from his site;
Who was it?? Just wondering if it's the same one that I was looking at.
PM me if you want to.
Never mind, I see who it was now.

I'm goin to call a place tomorrow about the one that I found. I will let you know what they say if you want.

Last edited by dieseltracks; 11-09-2008 at 06:05 PM.
dieseltracks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
DieselAutoPower.com

Thanked 1,890 Times in 822 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I bought one from a member on compD just like that. Zero problems. Much thicker than the stocker. Worth the price tag. They show up on ebay often as well.

*awaits flame from a vendor whom I purchased from before for posting about ebay/outside vendor.
patracy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

PRW has SFI approved Cummins Flexplate PN 1835910 I do not have one but Im looking for feedback
01 Quad Cab 4x4 Shortbox Auto 3.55's, 4" lift, 35's, 4" MBRP, S&B CAI, Ultralite Boost, Pyro, Trans triplepillar, AirDog 150, Isspro Fp gauge, Quad Adr, TST J Hook, BD Steering box brace, Bilstien 5100's
Two4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Horse Power JUNKIE

Is yours broke? I have my stock one laying around, but it might out of round. I've heard the stock one is only good for about 400-425. I dyno'd at 450 with a stack but my every day set up was more 380hp. I've done quite a few 4x4 boosted launches and one day last year when I was just getting on it randomly I heard a weird noise like the flex plate rubbing on something. I knew the noise before cause on my 67 dart I had a bad problem with the flex plate bolts coming loose and rubbing just slightly on the housing or something.

So I installed the BD black flex plate. I have pics on my other computer but its MUCH thicker then the stocker. Its superising that the stocker even holds up to 400hp at all. After the install I couldn't get it to make the noise any more. My stocker doesn't look broke, but I guess under enough power it was flexing and rubbing, possibly on the starter.

I tore the center out of the stock flex plate on my Dart, I than went with a B&M plate.

But bottom line if your going to make some power, even if its 400-450hp and you start beating on it you'll start to find the weak links quick.

I think I got the BD plate for $375 or something at the beginning of 08, I think they might have gone up though since.
PhatShaft62, DDP 150, TST Comp/Smarty, S&B Intake, PSC brace, Hamilton 110 springs, Fluidamper, ARP studs, 4" straight pipe, AIRDOG 150, BD black FP, Suncoast billet trans, 3-disc converter, 3rd Gen Brakes, Thuren 3rd Gen track bar. RIP grandpa "Red" 10-11-08
WAGNAAR MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous340 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
SCW

I have read that the new 6.7 flex plates are the cheapest high-horsepower fix. Dealer cost is around $120-150.
SCW is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

i would like to hear more on the 6.7 flexplate working
Old 02-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
SCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtough01 View Post
i would like to hear more on the 6.7 flexplate working
Do a search on Diesel Truck Resource, there have been quite a few posts regarding it. It appears to be a direct bolt-in that is a good split between the 5.9 flex plate (weakest) and the ATS-type billet (strongest) for several bills more. It looks to me to be a good solution if you are in the 350-500HP range.
SCW is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Anyone got any more info on the PRW plates?

It seems the conclusion is that the 6.7 plates do not work on the 5.9s
2006 Big Horn 2500, 5" Turbo Back Rollin Smoke Exhaust, Adrenaline and Pulse with Custom A-pillar Mount, S&B Intake, Custom Homemade Intake Horn, GDP Comp kit with Homemade Big Line Kit and 2 micron filter, KORE HP kit and Homemade SSSSS, 35's on 18's
jacked93 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.