99 Dodge runs great one minute then smokes and jerks the next - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
99 Dodge runs great one minute then smokes and jerks the next

1999 Dodge 5 speed runs good one minute then bad the next ... Codes were p1693 and po602 ... what is the po602 thanks ...
1999 Dodge 3500 ... 2WD ... 24 V ... 5 Speed ... Backhoe pulling truck ... isspro fuel gauge # R5604 from city diesel Decatur Alabama 256-350-5160 Call them they'll fix you up with fuel pressure gauge braded line and snubber ...
harry o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I did have erratic idle after replacing injectors and did not disconnect the battery.
A couple of days ago I pulled the valve cover and checked torque on injectors.

They were all out of spec for torque. I checked lines and were fine. My idle issues went away.
I got p602 and reader said it was something with the idle. I replaced apps a month ago so i disconnected battery, did apps reset and code did not came back so I am figuring because of the erratic idle, it threw this code.

(When I replaced injectors,I tightened the hold downs to spec, then torqued lines to spec and put it all back together, guess I should have checked the hold downs again after torquing the lines in head! )
1998.5 2500 4X4 Quad Cab,5.9 Cummins, (Block 53) VP44, 47RE, RV275's,4 inch Magnaflow Exhaust,K&N intake with Amsoil dry air filter, Raptor 100,Pac Brake,Firestone Ride Rite,Big D Off Road Steering Brace,Isopro egt, fp and boost gauges Timbo APPS, Diablo Powerpuck

Last edited by crackshot; 06-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.
crackshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Well I was about to get ready to run my Dodge that I just bought off in the river and say to hell with it !!!! I knew it was getting way to much fuel and Ive saw this black box under the hood that looked like it was some kind of add on ... It had EDGE written on it so I looked it up ... Found out it was for more power ... Took that junk off and now my truck runs like a new one ...
1999 Dodge 3500 ... 2WD ... 24 V ... 5 Speed ... Backhoe pulling truck ... isspro fuel gauge # R5604 from city diesel Decatur Alabama 256-350-5160 Call them they'll fix you up with fuel pressure gauge braded line and snubber ...
Old 06-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
On call 24/7

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Articles - P0602 ECM Fueling Calibration
Sounds like you had an edge ez, they not only add power but will help with mpg also.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Harry in response to your reply in the other thread your ecm is mounted on the driver's side of the block the pcm is on the firewall. Before you go throwing parts at it clean the grounds,and batteries, reset the codes and give it a try.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

ok I did what you said ... THE PROBLEM COMES BACK IN A DAY OR SO ... Where do I get a ECM ??? OR can I flash my ECM AND FIX IT THAT WAY ... I CAN GET A ECM FROM DODGE FOR $900.00 Damn cant I find one at a better price some where ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.