Loss Of boost/power code p0237 p1693 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Loss Of boost/power code p0237 p1693

02 2500 six speed, through codes p0237 and p1693, first one is turbo/super boost sercuit A low pressure. next one says it is a companion coad. When it first threw the code no loss of power or boost just the engine light, scanded the light cod the above codes. cleared codes drove fine for a day. then loss of power and boost, but no engine code. the power and boost loss is intermintent. been doing some studying up on this issue, and have heard that it could be a faulty MAP sensor, or my chip could be causing the issue.
2002 2500 six speed
(afe intake, 4 inch turbo back exhaust to staight pipe, FASS hpfp, pack brake, booste, fuel pressure, and exhast temp guages, and a Speed three stage Chip.
Confederate Cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer

Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,282 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Does your chip plug into the MAP sensor connection? If it does, yeah thats possible, if it doesn't its definitely a bad MAP sensor.
Parts for sale: Van Aken SmartBox, 03-05 Banks 6Gun, TST PMCR w/R37 remote also have another full one w/R49.
Shibbyutman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
www.Mopar1973Man.com

Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,319 Posts
Unplug the chip and test again... The boost fooler could be screwed up...

Quote:
P0237 - Map Sensor Voltage Too Low

MAP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

Monitor & Set Conditions
Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor voltage is monitored when engine is running. DTC may be stored if
Engine Control Module (ECM) senses low MAP sensor signal voltage.

Possible Causes
  • Other DTCs
  • Boost Pressure Sensor
  • 5-volt Supply Circuit
  • MAP Signal Circuit Short To Ground
  • MAP Signal Circuit Short To Sensor Ground
  • MAP Sensor
  • Intermittent Wiring Problem
  • ECM
Testing
1. Turn ignition on with engine off. Using DRBIII(R) scan tool, check for engine DTCs. If any 5-volt supply
circuit DTC(s) exist, perform appropriate test. See DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE DEFINITIONS .
If no 5-volt supply circuit DTC(s) exist, go to next step.

2. Start engine and allow engine to idle. Using scan tool, read MAP sensor voltage. If MAP sensor voltage
is .2 volt or greater, go to next step. If MAP sensor voltage is less than .2 volt, go to step 4 .

3. Shut engine off. Turn ignition on with engine off. Using scan tool, read MAP sensor voltage. If MAP
sensor voltage is less than 2.35 volts, go to next step. If MAP sensor voltage is 2.35 volts or greater, go to
step 9 .

4. Turn ignition off. Perform turbocharger boost pressure test. See TURBOCHARGER under AIR
INDUCTION SYSTEMS in SYSTEM & COMPONENT TESTING - RAM PICKUP - DIESEL article.
If boost pressure test passes, go to next step. If boost pressure test does not pass, repair as necessary.

5. Ensure ignition is off. Disconnect MAP sensor harness connector. MAP sensor is located on driver's side
rear corner of cylinder head. Turn ignition on with engine off. Using DVOM, measure voltage at terminal
No. 1 (Orange wire) on MAP sensor harness connector. If voltage is 4.7-5.3 volts, go to next step. If
voltage is not 4.7-5.3 volts, repair Orange wire between ECM and MAP sensor. ECM is located on
driver's side of engine, just in front of fuel transfer pump and contains a 50-pin connector.

6. Turn ignition off. Ensure MAP sensor harness connector is still disconnected. Disconnect ECM harness
connector. ECM is located on driver's side of engine, just in front of fuel transfer pump and contains a 50-
pin connector. Using DVOM, measure resistance between ground and terminal No. 2 (Gray/Red wire) on
MAP sensor harness connector. If resistance is 1000 ohms or greater, go to next step. If resistance is less
than 1000 ohms, repair short to ground in Gray/Red wire between MAP sensor and ECM.

7. Using DVOM, measure resistance between terminal No. 3 (Black/Light Blue wire) and terminal No. 2
(Gray/Red wire) on MAP sensor harness connector. If resistance is 1000 ohms or greater, go to next step.
If resistance is less than 1000 ohms, repair short between Black/Light Blue wire and Gray/Red wire.

8. Turn ignition off. Reconnect ECM harness connector. Using scan tool, read MAP sensor voltage. If MAP
sensor voltage is greater than 4.5 volts, replace and program the ECM. See appropriate REMOVAL,
OVERHAUL & INSTALLATION article. If MAP sensor voltage is 4.5 volts or less, replace MAP
sensor. See appropriate REMOVAL, OVERHAUL & INSTALLATION article.

9. Turn ignition off. Visually inspect related wiring harness. and connectors between MAP sensor and ECM.
Look for any chafed, pierced, pinched or partially broken wires. Visually inspect MAP sensor harness
connector and ECM harness connector for broken, bent, pushed out or corroded terminals. Check for any
Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) that may apply. Perform a wiggle test on the related wiring harnesses
with the ignition on, engine not running. Repair as necessary. If no problem is found, test is complete.
Mopar1973Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

map sensor unpluged

I unpluged the wires coming from my chip that looked to wired into the map sensor and, and made sure my chaarge piping was good and tight with no leaks, no boost loss or power loss. test drove it my chip still made my rig have more power just blue black quite a bit more and made it idle a little wierd, sounded like it was gargaling when I had the chip still on, never threw a code though
Confederate Cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
www.Mopar1973Man.com

Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confederate Cummins View Post
I unpluged the wires coming from my chip that looked to wired into the map sensor and, and made sure my chaarge piping was good and tight with no leaks, no boost loss or power loss. test drove it my chip still made my rig have more power just blue black quite a bit more and made it idle a little wierd, sounded like it was gargaling when I had the chip still on, never threw a code though

You suppose to remove the chip completely and hook up the MAP sensor again. Just like it was factory...
Mopar1973Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.