Auto to manual swap. 2nd gen 2wd - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Auto to manual swap. 2nd gen 2wd

Hey guys I was going to go crazy and put a 10 SPD fuller in my truck till a guy bought it off me to put in his 5.9l 12v power military deuce and half. So I'm now looking at a g56 or going with a ford ZF6 heard the ZF is stronger. Well all in all what am I looking at other then the trans, flywheel, and clutch. Do I need complete manual pedals or just a small brake pedal, and the parts for the clutch pedal, I got a new master cylinder I'm sure I can make work if I use a ZF trans. Can some one help with a list of what to due to swap out the 47RE to a manual. Thanks guys I need to start looking at buying parts soon I want to do this swap over the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy81304 View Post
Hey guys I was going to go crazy and put a 10 SPD fuller in my truck till a guy bought it off me to put in his 5.9l 12v power military deuce and half. So I'm now looking at a g56 or going with a ford ZF6 heard the ZF is stronger. Well all in all what am I looking at other then the trans, flywheel, and clutch. Do I need complete manual pedals or just a small brake pedal, and the parts for the clutch pedal, I got a new master cylinder I'm sure I can make work if I use a ZF trans. Can some one help with a list of what to due to swap out the 47RE to a manual. Thanks guys I need to start looking at buying parts soon I want to do this swap over the winter.
i am currently in the middle of my swap...best thing is to find a donor truck...you will pay way to much if you go individual parts....mine is a 2000 2wd also...the only thing i have left is the drive shaft...the donor truck had a splt shaft with a bearing in the middle....and well its to short and the bearing holder dont line up....so now thats what im trouble shooting...otherwise it would be on the road!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Donor truck is a no go, if I found one it would coast to much, as around here people don't like to give up any dodge diesel truck parts with out asking for a ton of money, so I'm hitting up the wrecking yards for some of the needed parts, I can have a drive shaft made up no problem. What's all needed in the cab, do I need a complete pedal assembly or do I just find a smaller brake pedal and add in the clutch assembly.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Ok how strong is the nv4500 I see 14500 gvw. But what about hauling could it hold up to daily abuse of up to 26,000 lbs. I found s good used nv4500 for a couple hundred bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.