01 crank sensor position - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
01 crank sensor position

were is the crank sensor located on a 01 ?
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Between the VP and the block.
cwarta (04-18-2011)
Old 04-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

That's the camshaft position sensor. The '01 doesn't have a crankshaft position sensor.

'01.5 QC, SB, 6spd 4x4, Drag Comp, 4" exh. IP 200's and Cat 62-65-.70A/R w/adj.boost elbow Big Line, fuel press.pyro & boost gauges fuel cooler BHAF, Black Holley lift pump-12psi WOT Ceramic/Kevlar SD clutch, studs, Take time to turn-so you don't burn
Clunk is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:
cwarta (04-18-2011)
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

its my dads truck, and its gettin worse.... youll be cruizing along nd the cel will come on and tach drops to nothin, and absolutly no balls..... we were told the crank sensor was out and it was running on the cam sensor........? what you think
Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

98,99,00 had crank sensors 01,02 switched to cam sensors. Same sensor functions though.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I just went through these exact symptoms. Replaced the "camsaft position sensor" on my 01. Shes back to normal. Hope you have small hands, its tight back there.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Turn the keyswitch On-Off-On-Off-On then look at the odometer for a code.
'01.5 QC, SB, 6spd 4x4, Drag Comp, 4" exh. IP 200's and Cat 62-65-.70A/R w/adj.boost elbow Big Line, fuel press.pyro & boost gauges fuel cooler BHAF, Black Holley lift pump-12psi WOT Ceramic/Kevlar SD clutch, studs, Take time to turn-so you don't burn
Clunk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: -1 reviews
When installing a CPS use a 5 to 6 inch extension on the socket, i used a 1/4 drive, so your ratchet head has plenty of clearance and is functioning in the open just between the power steering resevoir and the fuel filter... and you wont have to jam your hand below the injector pump. Put a small piece of masking or duct tape across the opening of the socket, push the socket over the bolt and that way no worries about losing your bolt.
Clunk (04-19-2011)
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

My 2001 cummins is throwing the P0016 cank/cam code. Im going to change the sensor today and hopefully it helps.

When its below freezing it barely starts and blows white and has no power till it warms up. But if its plugged in or warm it starts easy and throws no codes. It was in a front end wreck befor I got it and I hope it isnt any of the keys that are off or that my pump might be failing?

Sorry for putting this here, Im new and cant for the life of me figure out how to post a question and thought this was closely realted enough here

My truck is stock except for an edge ez chip and 4inch straight pipe. I just had the ECM looked at and it was fine too.

Last edited by 6speedchick; 02-20-2012 at 11:33 AM.
6speedchick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Are all 2000's supposed to have ckp sensors? Mine does not nor does it have the wire to hook up too
darktwin1979 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.