Fuel tank capacity - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Fuel tank capacity

My 2001 24V Quadcab is supposedly equipped with a 35 gallon tank.
I've never put more than 31 gallons in it and the trip computer can say
ZERO miles until empty. I understand that they would build in a little room
for error, but 4 gallons?
markkerkof is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

My trip crap has never really worked worth a darn. The miles per gallon were about 4-5 off every tank. Its just an estimate. The only thing I use is the trip milage for remembering when to change the oil. If your speedo is off at all it effects the computers averages also.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Smokin 02, does your 4 in exhaust sound better? I hear some 5.9s that sound awesome
but I dont know what mods they have.
markkerkof is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

It sounds awesome it is very loud with the windows down!!! I am thinking about doing the 5 inch from the down pipe back to get a little deeper tone. It will quiet it down a little. It is night a day different than stock or even when I had the 4 inch hi flow muffler on it. I did the AFE air intake first then did the 4" and then the rest of the mods. Sound changed a little bit when I added the Juice it cackles at full throttle and high boost.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

When your truck hits Empty you still have 5 gallons of fuel left in the tank. I pulled my bed off yesterday to replace the basket in the tank and my fuel gauge was reading Empty but there was a good 3 inches of fuel in the bottom.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

yea, you will have fuel left, as long as you don't have an intank pump, i think that is some reducilious number of gallons.

either way you are correct.
99 3500 Built DTT Auto, 600 lower TC, 3.55, 4x4, BHAF, 6" lift, ARP's, Danin Optix, Gauges, DAP 100hp sticks, FASS 95, 2LO kit, HIGH Idle, Silencer ring delete, 4" exhaust, SMARTY, 03 VW PASSAT 1.8T Big Thanks to (FTE Diesel),(DAP),(DTT) They ROCK!
pepsi71ocean is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

It is ridiculous - I've run 50 miles w/ the low fuel light on and still only put in 29.5 gallons. Most I've ever put in.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

My low fuel light comes on when I have 8 gallons left. My question is: What is the least amount of fuel you can have in the tank with the stock pickup and still get fuel to the engine?
2001.5 Ram 2500 Quad Cab, HO, 6 speed, 4.10's, RV275 injectors, Quadzilla XZT+, AFE 4" Exhaust, ISSPRO Gauges (EGT, FP, Boost), K&N Air Filter, Raptor 100 Fuel Pump, 1/2" line with AN fittings to the fuel filter, 6AN fittings fuel filter to pump.
Dave2001 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2001 View Post
My low fuel light comes on when I have 8 gallons left. My question is: What is the least amount of fuel you can have in the tank with the stock pickup and still get fuel to the engine?
well... I have put in 33 gallons cause I was cutting it kinda close about 2-3 gallons left you will notice the loss of power I would not recommend it.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Just a side note i got 4 inch dp and 5 inch all the way back to 6 inch tip and i get compliments on my truck all the time. People always tell me that my truck has the classic deep throaty cummins sound that everyone is looking for. Doesn't drone too bad either. I heard the 5" helps with it.
2001 2500 ext cab short bed 4X4, 2" level kit, S&B intake, 4" Down pipe ,5" exhaust, Fass 150, Silencer Ring MIA, Gauges (Boost,EGT,Trans Temp,Fuel Pres), Edge Juice, Recon Billet Triple Disc TC, Transgo Shift Kit, 125 HP Injectors
kevstar1212 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.