Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Lift pump out, then ECM?????

812 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bigfish95971 
#1 ·
Ok, first, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PAST HELP ON THIS ISSUE! This is an update and I am looking for feedback!!!!

My WIF indicator came on. I drained and changed my filter system, after, the lift pump would not run, installed a new FASS system, still not enough pump power ( only 8.7 vdc) I was told the ECM module is bad, another $1000, rather, I had them install a relay off the engniton key, relay kicks on and runs the new FASS fuel pump just fine, ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!!! Put 15-20 trips for about 150 miles, starts and runs great and no errors.... What should I expect in the near/far future? Any thoughts???? Thanks

#2 ·
If the ECM was not properly powering the LP, you w9ill probably still have problems with the ECM not working properly in the future. If so you may have AC sine issues coming out of the alternator damaging the ECM. If it was a wiring issue , you may have fixed it by accident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.